As you probably know by now, I have a long and continuously updated “bucket list” in the notes on my phone. While much of it has to do with travel, there’s plenty all around London too, from free stuff like finding that yellow door in Notting Hill to a few bits and pieces that are more on the expensive side.
Malibu contacted me the other day to see if I’d like to be part of their #BestSummerEver campaign that kicks off with a reality YouTube series in which they send a group of friends around Europe for 40 days on a quest to complete challenges.
I’m not going to Europe with them, but I’m going to have some amazing London experiences that have been on my list for a long time! They’ve asked me to come up with my own personal Summer bucket list within a budget of £1,000. So that means, some of those more expensive London bits that are on my wish list? Malibu’s going to be awesome and help me make those happen.
Jorge is being “dragged” along for the ride, so together we carefully concocted a classy list that we’re going to have the pleasure of fulfilling over the rest of the summer.
And so, I give you our #BestSummerEver bucket list:
- A NIGHT AT THE ZETTER TOWNHOUSE & COCKTAILS. Deciding which hotel to stay at on our wedding night was a toss up between The Ampersand in South Kensington (where we ended up staying) and The Zetter Townhouse. This little gem has been on our radar for a while. We love accommodation with quirky decor (like Hotel Fox in Copenhagen, the Airbbnb Art House in Amsterdam and The Platine in Paris). The Zetter Townhouse is right up there on that list and the perfect place for a little staycation in Clerkenwell. The cocktail lounge decor is brilliant as well, so we will look forward to taking advantage of that while we’re there.
- DINNER AT THE LEDBURY. With 2 Michelin Stars under its belt, The Ledbury is sure to impress, right? This Notting Hill gem has been on my list for a long time as well. An 8-course tasting menu at £110 a person (or £180 with wine) is definitely not an everyday experience. The pictures of the food look incredible and the reviews back up their amazing reputation. Fingers crossed we can find an open night to book a reservation.
- SWAN LAKE BALLET AT THE ROYAL OPERA HOUSE. It’s been a very long time since I’ve been to a ballet and Jorge and I have never been to one together. What better than Swan Lake at the Royal Opera House for a classic night out in Covent Garden? I’ve never actually been to the Royal Opera House to see the interior in all its splendour either, so that will also be a first!
- DINNER AT HIBISCUS. Another one of London’s restaurants that holds 2 Michelin Stars and is said to be one of the 50 best in the world, Hibiscus is headed up by French chef Claude Bosi. It’s also the first restaurant to receive 6/6 stars from Time Out! I first heard about Hibiscus through TRULY who sent us to Ametsa for an amazing lunch. Hibisus is another one of the experiences they offer. I’m looking forward to some crazy taste combinations and some colourful photos at their restaurant in Mayfair.
- AFTERNOON TEA AT CLARIDGES. Another one in Mayfair, Claridges has been serving their traditional afternoon tea for 150 years. That’s a lot of afternoon tea so they must have it down pat. I have heard good things about the Second Flush Muscatel Darjeeling tea and I’m sure the pastries and scones are incredible. It’s one of those things you just have to do at least once if you’re going to be in London and suddenly have an opportunity, right?
Depending on whether it’s possible to get reservations to some of these, considering how far in advance they book up, I may end up swapping one or two for a different experience, but at the moment, this is the list!
What would you put on your best summer ever list?
NOTE – I work with brands selectively because I want to make sure that Little Observationist is full of authentic content and this campaign will open plenty of doors for creating new posts! Funny enough, my shelves have always been stocked with Malibu. It was my drink of choice for a long time and has been the fuel for many happy and crazy memories, so I’m genuinely happy to be involved with this one!