It’s been a week now since we adopted Lupita. She’s super cute, full of energy and has been waking us up every morning at 5am. Until yesterday, which means I think she’s settling in! Most of the week, before and after work, has revolved around her, making sure we spend tons of time playing and cuddling her so she gets used to us.
Any exciting plans this weekend? Jorge has been summoned off to Barcelona for his stag do/bachelor party. I have a lot to catch up on and hope to spend some time in the sun!
Here’s a few links for your weekend:
- A few new(ish) pieces of street art I love: Jana & JS in Brooklyn, NYC; Sliks and Jimmy C in Sao Paulo, Brazil; this little house in Stockholm, Sweden; and Hopare’s beautiful piece in Casablanca, Morocco.
- Photographs of tiny wrist tattoos against matching backgrounds.
- 5 recipes to try: Ricotta and Parmesan Wontons; Pimento Cheese and Thyme Gougeres; Sea Salt and Poppy Seed Bagels; Lemon Cheesecake; and Carrot Cake Banana Bread with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting.
- 19 images of some of America’s best street art, according to the Huffington Post.
- A fascinating look at what people around the world eat in a typical day. Stunning photos by Peter Menzel.
- I always look forward to Humans of New York updates. Here’s a collection of 23 HONY highlights.
- Have you seen the incredible carved marble dresses by Italian stone-carver Alasdair Thomson?
- 5 places I’d like to stay: Sparrows Hotel in Palm Springs, Florida; Nayara Springs in Costa Rica; Palihouse in Santa Monica, California; Playa VIK Jose Ignacio in Uraguay; and the Mayer Manor in Amsterdam.
- If I ever end up in Austin, you’ll find me at the Elizabeth Street Cafe.
- Starbucks fan? Check out this hilarious video of comedian Jena Kingsley pretending to be a bouncer at a NYC branch:
Enjoy your weekend!
PS – Come find me on Facebook if you like!