This week has been non-stop. Last weekend, we ticked quite a few things off of our wedding to do list, went for afternoon tea at the Ampersand, browsed through the wedding dress exhibition in the V&A where I swooned over John Galliano’s creation for Kate Moss, and finally we finally managed to watch 12 Years a Slave. Monday was for cocktails, Tuesday was for blogging, Wednesday for a meeting with our reception venue, Thursday a cooking class and networking event with other bloggers, tonight a mini-party in Battersea with some friends and tomorrow I need to take Oakley to the vet for his last kitten vaccination among other things. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for a bit of relaxation at some point this weekend and next week is more of the same! Breathe…
What are you up to the next few days? Anything interesting happen this week?
A few links for you:
- Yvan Rodic’s design and fashion series of photos around the world is great. One of the latest is from Medellin, Colombia.
- I’d love to see this origami art exhibition at Cooper Union in New York. Come to London next, please!
- 5 recipes to try: Asparagus, Spinach, Beetroot and Halloumi Salad; Coq au Riesling; Lemon and Asparagus Pasta with Pistachios and Mozzarella; Classic Lemon Cheesecake; and The Best Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- How pretty is this silk flower crown by Elle Santos?
- Are the Greek islands a Summer dream? Hang a bird feeder with a roof the exact colour of the famous church roofs of Naxos. Pat of Sadler Garden Collections brought back a paint chip from a recent trip which inspired the this feeder.
- 5 places I’d like to stay: Michelberger in Berlin; Hotel Balthazar in Budapest; the W Hotel in Istanbul; Hotel Sans Souci in Vienna, Austria; and Hotel Casa Mosquito in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Have you seen the stunning photography of Hamid Sardar-Afkhami? Some of my favourite images are the Mongolian boy sleeping with a reindeer, the child with the taimen head and the woman breast feeding her two children.
- Everyone seems to own something with Breton stripes these days. Do you? Here’s a collection of some pretty striped pieces on Honestly WTF.
- Slate has a great photo essay on Vietnamese bikes and all of the stuff that people manage to carry.
- And I leave you with a fire-building, marshmallow-toasting ape:
Enjoy your weekend!