8 days till our wedding. I haven’t been very stressed until this week but it’s finally seeming like a reality and time is flying. Last weekend I went for my hair and makeup trials and throughout the week we’ve been chipping away at the old to do list which both of us pretty much just want to rip up. But we’re looking forward to having many of our closest friends and family here from other countries. This weekend is the last before the wedding and only a few days until our guests start to arrive!
In other news, we’re looking forward to trying one of Soho’s best Korean restaurants tomorrow night to think about something different. And Oakley has reached a milestone this week. He can now jump straight to the counter from the floor, though he prefers the longer palm tree to kitchen table as runway with a flying leap halfway across the kitchen and onto the counter…
Anyone have any exciting plans for the next few days?
Here are a few links for you:
- The New Yorker asked cartoonist Bob Eckstein to wander NYC drawing his favourite bookstores.
- How cool – if I lived in the States, I’d definitely sign up for this new Try The World food box! Has anyone tried it?
- 5 recipes to try: Fennel, Leek, & Orange Pork Osso Buco; “Psarosoupa”- Greek Style Fish Soup;
Bacon and Egg Puff Pastry Breakfast Tart; Chocablock; and Rosemary Ricotta Blintzes with Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce.
- If I ever find myself in Sydney (one day!), here’s breakfast sorted, courtesy of blogger He Needs Food.
- How much fun does this outdoor dinner party with Kinfolk look? I’d like an invitation to the next one, please!
- The World Cup 2014, through 22 street art images. Other street art I’m loving right now? ROA‘s new piece in the UK; Natalia Rak in Italy; and BEZT in Montreal, Canada.
- 5 places I’d like to stay: Hotel Not Hotel in Amsterdam; This Swedish apartment in Gothenburg; Mashpi Lounge in Ecuador; Speicher 7 Hotel in Mannheim, Germany; and The Casati Budapest Hotel.
- The newly opened Copenhagen gem HEMA recently opened its doors in London. It’s on my to do list to stop by Victoria Station for a visit.
- Scrolling through the beautiful pages of Urban Pixxels always makes me want to hop on a plane. Is Palestine on your travel wish list? Jacintha’s Copenhagen photos are making me itch to go back to that wonderful city. And Madrid, a place I’ve never been that interested in, in now calling my name (or maybe I just need a holiday!).
- And a few ducks…