Our wedding last weekend was beautiful. It couldn’t have been more perfect and was full of family and friends from all over the world, tasty food, heart-shaped map confetti, a delicious cake, plenty of laughter, a few tears and all around wonderful memories. Everyone has gone home now and we are left to plan our honeymoon which is very exciting as well. We had a few extra days off to relax. This weekend? Catching up on everything, honeymoon research and some me time. Happy 4th of July to all of the Americans out there!
Any exciting plans for you?
Here are a few links:
- My lovely friend Lucy has written a little recap of our wedding with a few photos from Danny on her blog today.
- 5 recipes to try: Roasted Beet Salad with Pea Shoots & Chèvre; Roasted Asparagus, Mushroom, and Dried Tomatoes over Capellini; Dolsot Bibimbap; Frozen Mango and Apple Daiquiris; and Peach Cobbler.
- An Atlantic article talks about the incredible importance of kindness in sustaining a long and happy marriage.
- “Listening to rain outside, whilst standing at the kitchen window eating ripe peaches and nectarines” and the other little things that make a weekend great, by one of my favourite bloggers, Cider with Rosie.
- An interesting photoshop project showing beauty ideals in a bunch of different countries and 30 amazing photos of children playing around the world.
- 5 pieces of street art: ZED1 in Italy; Seth GlobePainter in Louisiana; a Stinkfish bus in Austria; Ben Slow in France; and Artez in Serbia.
- An insightful little piece from NYMag on the science of making friends as an adult, found via the lovely Diana.
- How cool are the Adobe offices in San Francisco?
- A series of models of churches, temples and mosques made of firearms, bullets and weapons.
- And a mesmerising little video about making scissors by hand:
Enjoy your weekend!