It’s been a while since I’ve wandered around Notting Hill, so I was was happy to spend a few hours there on Sunday afternoon. It’s an area of the city I’ve very familiar with, but there are still plenty of backstreets I’ve never explored. They also just opened a new branch of Polpo there which we were excited to try but disappointed in the end. We finished all of our thank you notes from the wedding and started honeymoon planning but we are having a tough time deciding between Japan and the Caribbean. They are so different but both appeal for different reasons. We’re not going until October so there’s still some time for planning. In the meantime, we’ve booked a pre-honeymoon long weekend in Sweden at the beginning of August so I’m very much looking forward to taking photos there. Any recommendations on places to eat, drink, shop and explore are more than welcome for Stockholm, Japan, St. Lucia or other Caribbean islands. This weekend I’m hoping to have a pretty relaxing, quiet one with some travel magazine time and a bit of cheeky sale shopping to stock up for the upcoming honeymoon. I’ll probably also spend a bit of time working on my poor abandoned Etsy shop!
Any exciting plans on your side?
Here are a few links for you:
- Always have the same boring cup for your morning pick-me-up? Check out this Tumblr photography collection of coffee cups around the world from food photographer Henry Hargreaves.
- I am endlessly fascinated by doors, especially quirky and colourful ones like the 30 on this list by Bored Panda. Many of them belong on my Doors of the World board on Pinterest if they’re not there already.
- 5 recipes to try: Pesto Coodles with Burrata and Cherry Tomatoes; Oregano and Onion Bread; Fruit Tacos with Chocolate Tortillas; Sweet Cherry Pie; and Caramel and White Chocolate Brownies.
- An interesting vacation policy at this company!
- I’m not really a dog person, but I love the idea of this Dogs of Shoreditch project that took place in East London. Now we need the cat version, please.
- 5 fun pieces of street art: ROA in Belgium; Vhils in Portugal; Stinkfish in Spain; PichiAvo in Belgium; and Levalet in Paris.
- Earlier this week, I took over Jorge’s blog, Hunt for Design, with a guest post about Portobello Road’s Stumper & Fielding.
- Check out the incredible orchid backdrop at this Dior AW14-15 show! Speaking of plants, can I have a fig tree at home, please? And can someone whisk me away to these blue flower-filled fields in Japan?
- 25 creative sculptures and statues around the world. Love the fish! And clever zebra crossings!
- And a touching timelapse video of Rebecca’s journey through trichotillomania:
Enjoy your weekend!
PS – What do you think of the slightly new look to the blog (banner and sidebar images)?