My new toy arrived – a fabulous new lens that I can take on honeymoon. I have a few at the moment but this one is more of a everything lens. I took it out once and despite it being a bit heavy I love it. Can’t wait to go out and practice with it a bitover the next few days. It looks like it will be a beautiful weekend too. We’re being treated to a proper summer this year. Last weekend, on a mission to sort out some honeymoon shopping before AW14 hits the shops, Jorge and I discovered a new El Ganso on King’s Road. That street is becoming more dangerous by the minute. We also managed to find outselves in the middle of Regent Street which is gloriously traffic free during weekends in July. I spotted this pretty Liberty ice cream van, though I was too full after our tea and lunch at Workshop in Fitzrovia to indulge. I did have a ‘William <3 Kate gelato’ (pear and chocolate chip) from the Chelsea Farmer’s Market later in the week. We also went out to dinner at our favorite cheap and cheerful local, The Stockpot on King’s Road and split a Ben & Jerry’s cookie dough in the cinema while watching Belle. This weekend might involve swimsuit shopping, possibly a trip to Brixton market and the London Wetlands Centre which has been on my list for a while. Or East. Always an adventure. Let’s see!
What are you up to this weekend? Any fun plans?
Here are some links for you:
- How beautiful are Aran’s photos of Iceland? Take me, please. Mark Weinberg has some serious photography talent as well. And an interesting photographic look at gender marketing.
- Would any of these fun products make your work day better?
- 5 recipes to try: Grilled Rosemary Chicken; Panzanella (minus the red onion for me!); Tiny Strawberry Cream Scones; Almond Cupcakes with Fresh Cherry Frosting; and Peach Cobbler Cinnamon Rolls.
- The New York Times profiles some of those who died in the horrific Malaysia Airlines crash. There were some incredible people lost that day. Also from the NY Times, a sobering look at the poverty in Troy, upstate NY, with photographer Brenda Ann Kenneally (and her fully funded Kickstarter page).
- Rob Brulinski captures portraits of artists in their living spaces.
- 83 year old photographer Ken Heyman recently re-discovered a box of photos labeled “Mothers” that he took about 50 years ago. There are some really powerful images there.
- 5 fun pieces of street art: Borondo in London; Tristan Eaton in Berlin; Ella and Pitr in Portugal; Matthew Hoffman‘s ‘You Are Beautiful’ signs; and Fintan Magee in Glasgow, Scotland.
- Loving Adobe’s new office space in San Francisco.
- Would you live in a clocktower?
- Have you seen this video of the man who lives on his bike? Clever.
Enjoy the weekend!