How was your week? Mine’s been quite alright. Last weekend was tons of fun. Jorge and I had a little staycation at The Zetter Townhouse (post coming on Monday) here in London, only east… It’s a quirky place with an amazing little cocktail lounge. We explored the local area and finally ate at the new branch of Iberica in Farringdon, our favourite Spanish restaurant in London (post soon). Sunday was spent editing photos and blogging.
This week has been a breath of fresh air after a chaotic conference at work the previous one. I even had a day of working from home when I got about twice my normal amount of work done in one day. I’m so much more productive when I work from home. Go figure.
I’m looking forward to this weekend for some honeymoon planning (ie – airbnb and hotel decision making and booking), and a photography treasure hunt around Shoreditch with Foto Ruta and my buddy Stu from the brilliant Inspiring City blog (which I’d highly recommend following). It’s also a bank holiday on Monday which makes me extremely happy!
Any fun plans for you?
Here are a few links:
- Where’s your favorite place to go for a walk? Mine is usually through unexplored (by me) city streets, but any of these stunning trails would be a beautiful alternative any day!
- How pretty are these treehouses? Can I stay in one for a few days, please?
- 5 recipes to try: English Jacket Potatoes; Soft and Chewy Gingersnaps; Upsidedown Plum and Olive Oil Cake; Chocolate Chip Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting and Glazed Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bread.
- An answer to the baffling mystery of why eggs are refrigerated in the States but not in the UK!
- NYC stylist Mark Bustos spends his Sundays giving free haircuts to the homeless.
- I am in awe of the Instagram feed of Mustafa Seven. Wow. Makes me want to go to Istanbul.
- 5 fun pieces of street art: Seth GlobePainter in San Juan, Puerto Rico; Deih in Valencia, Spain; ROA in Nässjö, Sweden; Phlegm in Djerba, Tunisia; and Guashe in Berlin, Germany.
- Global leftovers: What Airbnb guests leave in the fridge! Interesting.
- Buzzfeed has compiled images of photographers who we’ve lost in war zones and some of their best work, much of which is truly mesmerizing.
- A beautiful video on paddleboarding from Vancouver to Victoria and the willingness to embrace uncertainty:
Enjoy your weekend!