It’s that time of year again. Christmas tree glowing in the window, markets selling mulled wine and chestnuts, mince pies back on the shelves of the supermarkets and the Christmas jumpers are out. It’s freezing cold and the flu is making its rounds, which is why there has been few posts this week! Hope you are all staying healthy.
Here’s a few links I’ve gathered over the week. Enjoy:
- One of my favourite things to do is curl up with a good book and get lost in words for hours. Here’s a great list from the New York Times of 100 notable books of 2013. How many have you read?
- My dad has joined the world of bloggers. My favourite posts so far are about taking inspiration from Devon and appreciating the little things. Check it out and follow along if you like.
- One of my all time favourite bloggers, Diana from exPress-o who I have been following for years, has teamed up with Mengsel to create some cool kitchen towels with Diana’s recipes on them – excellent idea for a stocking stuffer! There’s one with mulled wine and one with gingerbread men.
- Would you wear any of these shoes? It’s footwear art by Kobi Levi. Ducks, dogs, slingshots and discarded chewing gum – favourite?
- These colourful abstract illustrations by Alessandro Pautasso remind me of the paintings of French artist Françoise Neilly who was my first interview on this blog.
- I love this series of work by photographer Nick Stern who used real people to re-create Banksy images. I think the kid with the crayon machine gun is my favourite.
- Here’s a fun story of a British teacher who confiscated toys in class over 30 years and in 150 different schools. The Victoria & Albert Museum of Childhood in London has them on display. There’s pictures in this Slate article and some of them bring back memories. Troll dolls, anyone?
- Speaking of London, here’s a great collection of “47 stunning photos of London in November” on Time Out. Makes me want to take my camera out.
- This one does too – it’s the winning photographs of the Mammal Society’s Photographer of the Year awards. Pretty incredible.
- And some recipes to try: Warm Herb and Goat Cheese Spread; Hot Chocolate with Cinnamon and Orange Liquor; Spinach, Artichoke and Brie Crepes with Honey Sauce; Lemon, Rosemary and Yogurt Cake and a festive Cranberry, Thyme Gin & Tonic.
That’s about it! Wishing you all a fabulous weekend.