It’s been a busy week for me as I wind down before heading off to New York next week. I’m playing catch up and get ahead both at work and here on the blog, scheduling as much content as possible in advance. I’ll be in New York for a week then Boston for a week, then back in London for a week and then, at the end of September, off to St. Lucia for honeymoon, finally! Then I’m back again for just over a week before heading over to Athens for a Greek version of TBEX. We had a pretty laid back weekend last weekend, enjoying some sun, doing a bit of shopping and booking the most expensive tickets ever to fly back to New York for the Christmas holidays. We went to visit Danny and Lucy in their new flat up in Willesden not far from where I lived when I first moved to London. So we stopped off at one of my old local pubs for a drink. I also got a few inches chopped off my hair. And now, I’m ready for a break!
Here are a few links:
- Have you seen the work of Swiss comedian and artist Ursus Wehrli? It’s like OCD on steroids. Jorge and I saw a book with his images in Stockholm and spent quite a while flipping through the pages.
- Somebody take me back to Switzerland please. How pretty is this?
- 5 recipes to try: Bulgar and Spinach Pilaf with Labneh and Chilli Roast Tomatoes; Pork Belly and Applesauce; Apple Pancakes; End of Summer French Toast; and Fudgy Banana Bars with Vanilla Bean Browned Butter Glaze.
- I’m lusting after this yellow raincoat as we slip into rainy season… and everything else on my Pinterest style board…
- Are you familiar with all of Design Love Fest’s little life lessons? What would you add? Also, here are some reasons you could be in a bad mood!
- An amusing restaurant review from a 4-year-old. Very funny.
- 5 fun pieces of street art: Ericailcane and Bastardilla in Helsingor, Denmark; Brusk in Djerba, Tunisia; Triston Eaton in Detroit, Michigan, USA; Bicicleta Sem Freio in London, UK; and ROA in Gambia.
- Autumn is my favourite season and I love Elizabeth’s list of 20 things to do this Fall!
- Here are 26 instagram accounts that will expand your worldview. They are pretty amazing. (Also, follow me @littleobservationist!)
- Lastly, a beautiful short film shot entirely by iPhone by Markus Kontialnen throughout 11 different cities in Asia:
Enjoy your weekend!