I’m getting ready to head to the airport shortly, back to London for a week of work before honeymoon. I’ve spent this past week in Boston, mainly attending the Inbound 2014 conference – a giant inbound marketing conference with about 10,000 other people and some 150 speakers like Martha Stewart, Malcolm Gladwell, Guy Kawasaki and other big marketing names including 22 best-selling authors. It was interesting to be in that environment for a few days. Arriving Sunday afternoon meant I also spent few hours wandering, getting to know the city a bit better. It’s fun when a city starts to come together after three visits or so, the way the streets start to make sense, a general direction develops and you realise that you can actually navigate from one place to another without a map – which is great when there’s no wi-fi. I stayed in a quirky little Airbnb flat with a dog named Skye who eats frozen green beans (but only the French ones). More on that later. For now, some 7 hours in the sky. See you tomorrow, London!
What was the best moment of your week last week? What are you up to this weekend? Anything exciting? Leave me some comments to read in the airport.
Here are a few links for you:
- The lovely Alex from BlogAbout.London interviewed me and shared a few of my favourite London pictures on her blog this week.
- Some interesting photography projects I’ve stumbled upon this week include The Complexities of Being a Chinese Muslim Woman; and the Mining Community in Orissa.
- What beautiful photos of the rain in Montmartre, Paris.
- 5 recipes to try: Badam Milk; Spiced Pear Upside-down Cake; Asian Plum Sauce; Blueberry Lemon Muffins with Cardamom Crumble Topping; and Fresh Peach and Yogurt Biscuits.
- Taking a flask of hot chocolate along on a walk? I’m in. And can I please have those mugs?
- How pretty are these playing cards? Reminds me of countless hours of airport/rainy day Shithead!
- 5 fun pieces of street art: Ella & Pitr in Saint Etienne, France; Stinkfish in Moscow, Russia; Brusk in Lyon, France; Hopare in Gdynia, Poland; and Kobra in Borås, Sweden.
- Love Diana’s vibrant post about the first signs of Autumn, my favourite season. What’s yours?
- Bored Panda has 22 fun staircase designs.
- And lastly, check out this video – a crazy place to watch a plane land in San Maarten: