Last weekend was a lazy, relaxing, recovering weekend since I haven’t had many in London lately. I took a long slow walk from Chelsea to Marylebone through Hyde Park, spent an hour browsing the shelves of my favourite bookshop, Daunt, and then we went out for Spanish tapas in the evening. Sunday was a day for the park, for tea from Paul and catching up on things. After a few days at work this week, I headed over to Athens where I am now for the TBEX conference which lasts through this weekend in the company of a ton of fabulous travel bloggers. Last year’s TBEX Europe event was in Dublin and I shared some storytelling tips from fantastic writers I saw there. Athens is a gritty city full of street art, stray cats and a million winding streets where it’s fun to get lost. I’m looking forward to seeing what the rest of this year’s conference brings!
What are you up to this weekend?
Here are some links for you:
- Somebody please take me to Iceland. I don’t think any place in the world has been on my bucketlist for as long as this beautiful place (except maybe Mongolia!). It is time.
- Some pretty impressive Instagram feeds: IHaveThisThingWithFloors and Moleculecure – but this one you have to look at on your phone as the design is in groups of 3. It doesn’t really work on a laptop.
- 5 recipes to try: Pumpkin Sage Alfredo Pappardelle with Brown Butter; Arroz Con Pollo with Chanterelles; Frosted Red Velvet Cakies; Pumpkin Ricotta Pancakes; and Cinnamon Sugar Popovers.
- Skid Robot creates street art “homes” for the homeless.
- Love this magical animated chart of 42 North American butterflies. It’s almost mesmerising.
- 5 fun pieces of street art: Kobra in NYC, USA; DALeast in Lodz, Poland; C215 in Paris, France; Hopare in Talinn, Estonia; and Madsteez in Barcelona, Spain.
- Amazing photographs of people working around the world! I especially love the one with the people mending fishing nets in Vietnam.
- Remember Pan Am Airlines? Scroll down and check out some of their vibrant old travel posters.
- It’s Google “desertview” via Camel with Raffia in the UAE. Fun! Also from Messy Nessy Chic, this prohibition bakery selling pretty boozy cupcakes in New York.
- I’ll leave you with this stunning 3-minute whirlwind adventure through Turkey by filmmaker Leonardo Dalessandri:
Enjoy your weekend!