Happy Halloween! Are you dressing up? Did you carve a pumpkin? The most festive activity I’ve done this year is take photos of cats with spooky glowing in an Athen’s cemetery last weekend (see first photo in Wednesday’s post). That said, it’s never been a holiday I’ve paid much attention to since I was a kid and trick-or-treating was an option.
This week has once again been a week of catch up on my inbox and life’s necessities like unpacking and laundry. After spending 5 days in Athens for the TBEX travel blogger conference, I’ve been editing photos and drooling over all of the travel adventures of bloggers I either met or was recommended to read during the event. They were an incredibly inspiring group just as they were last year in Dublin. Imagine the conversations of 800 travel bloggers in one place! While I didn’t have too much time to explore the city itself this trip, I did manage to take quite a few photos nonetheless so expect some Greece posts over the next few weeks.
This weekend I have no specific plans apart from working on a few projects that are in the pipeline, tonight dinner with some friends and just relishing the fact that my feet are on the groups for the next seven weeks which I’m actually looking forward to despite the fact that November is London’s rainiest month.
What are you up to over the next few days?
Here are a few links for you:
- What a cool umbrella, inspired by origami.
- A sweet and emotional photographic tribute to a dog called Chubby who lived with his owner Maria for 16 years.
- DesignTaxi shares 40 brand logos with hidden messages. How many did you know about already?
- 5 recipes to try: Fraudulent Easy Sourdough; Istarska maneštra (Istrian minestrone); Pumpkin Pancakes; Creamy Parmesan, Tomato and Spinach Soup; and Cocoa Dumplings with Bourbon Maple Sauce.
- It’s New York City through the eyes of one of my favourite photographers, Jacintha from Urban Pixxels (and a little video).
- From beathing to tech breaks to mindful meals, there’s a few tips for a calmer day on Elle.
- 5 fun pieces of street art: Phlegm on Hanbury Street, London, UK; Fin DAC in Ražanac, Croatia; Saner in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA; Alice Pascquini in Salerno, Italy and Phlegm again in Dunedin, New Zealand.
- Have you see the “I Wish This Was…” project? Brilliant.
- Have you see the Sisters of Nature Traveling Boutique? What a fun business idea!
- And I’ll leave you with a video from Benny Lewis who has been traveling the world non-stop for 10 years. It’s the top 10 life tips he’s picked up along the way:
Enjoy your weekend!