It’s been back to reality this week, but feeling refreshed at least and ready for all of the adventures 2015 has in store. It’s been a pretty quiet one for me, with Jorge away in Spain for a week. I’ve been getting a headstart on some projects for this month, brainstorming some new ideas and trying to cut down the pile of magazines I didn’t have time to read in December.
I have been and will be sharing some photos and stories about the two weeks we spent in New York over the holidays. It was the longest I’d been home in quite a while. Of course it still went by too quickly!
What have you been up to lately? Any fun plans for the weekend?
Here are some links for you:
- January blues setting in yet? Read Maggie’s post about embracing melancholy that ends in a Victor Hugo quote: “Melancholy is the pleasure of being sad.”
- How about a cozy night in? Camille Styles shares all of the essentials.
- 5 recipes to try: Paprika Chicken and Spinach with White Wine Butter and Thyme Sauce; Green Bean Casserole; Cardamom Hot Chocolate; Gingerbread Cookie Pie and Flourless Chocolate Cake with Ginger and Sea Salt.
- I’d love to make it to Portugal this year. And Iceland. And quite a few other places… What’s on your wanderlust list for 2015?
- Some fun perfectly timed street photography in China by Tao Liu.
- 5 things on my wish list: these mirror tea cups; this cosy boyfriend jumper (sale!); this cookbook from one of my favorite food bloggers; this pretty velvet clutch; and these cook bookends for my new desk at work.
- Being present and enjoying today: a perfect new year’s resolution that I’m fully on board with – well said, Diana!
- 5 fun pieces of street art: RONE in Geelong, Australia; Mobstr in London, UK; JADE in Rio San Juan, Dominican Republic; Alexis Diaz in Miami, Florida, USA; and Alice Pasquini in London, UK.
- How cool are Julien Douvier’s cinemagraphs of everyday life? Mesmerising!
- I’ll leave you with a stunning video by the talented Brandon Li showing snippets of daily life in the Indian holy cities of Rishikesh, Haridwar, and Devprayag:
Enjoy your weekend!