This week, like most lately, flew by for me. It’s time for a relaxing long weekend with Monday as a day for me. I’m looking forward to hosting friends for dinner on Saturday night and Jorge and I are going on a bike tour of London Christmas lights on Sunday!
Here’s a few links for the weekend:
- Reuters has compiled a slideshow of 93 of the best photos of 2013. It’s a really amazing collection of emotional images – some incredibly sad, a couple that are eye-opening, others deliriously happy.
- I would like a weekend getaway in the Cotswolds that involves fireplaces, bathtubs, afternoon tea, yummy food and refreshing long walks with good views. Here is nice.
- A few recipes to try: Mulled Lamb with Port; Ginger Lime Margarita; Bacon Wrapped Caramelized Sesame Asparagus; Orange Cranberry Yogurt Loaf; Caramel Fudge Brownie Cookies.
- A snuggly cozy J Crew jumper on my wish list!
- Still Christmas shopping? My dad sells some great birdhouses and bird feeders that he has been making for years and there’s always my photography prints which can be turned into notebooks, coasters or canvases.
- One of my colleagues, Dr. Michael Woolf, has written a wonderful and enjoyable blog post on London diversity which includes some brilliant photos of Londoners. “We belong here because nobody belongs here. This is a city of transient shadows. Diversity is our normal.”
- Do you follow Humans of New York on Facebook (if not, you should)? Here’s a blog post that looks at portraits of people from around the world.
- What a cute photo story of a true life fox and hound couple in Norway.
- Have you read about the cafe in Nice, France, that charges more for rudeness (or less for politeness – however you want to look at it!). Clever.
- Finally, a little look at some of the best street art pieces by ROA that have popped up around the world lately.
Have a fabulous weekend!