This week, I’m wishing I was home in Buffalo where they’re being pummeled by snow! Living in mild London, I miss the big storms and everyone has been posting pictures of it, waist-deep, piled high. Thoughts going out to those who were negatively affected though as I know it hasn’t been such a magical experience for everyone.
London has sleek, wet, leaf-plastered pavements. It’s cooler now, Winter settling in, branches nearly bare. It’s almost time to dig out the hat and gloves. Since last weekend, we’ve been out to eat some tasty posh pub burgers. I’ve started chipping away at my list of Christmas presents to buy. I sold a couple prints. And I made some delicious pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. I’ll share the recipe next week.
What’s everyone up to this weekend? Anything fun and exciting happening?
By the way, check out the new shop I put together with all the cool stuff I keep stumbling on in search of gifts!
Photo: Boston Common, February 2014
Here are a few links for you:
- How incredible are these mosque ceilings? Wow!
- Bon Appétit shares a Modern Guide to Thanksgiving Etiquette. A fun read.
- 5 recipes to try: Easy Cornbread Muffins; Salt and Pepper Shrimp; Gruyere Green Olive Rolls; Chewy Double Chocolate Chip Cookies with Sea Salt; and Sticky Toffee Pudding.
- From waking up early to making time for hobbies, Lifehack shares 12 weekend habits of highly successful people.
- 5 things on my wish list this week: this duffle coat; this Wintry dress; this long sleeved black swing dress; this perfect shade of Christmas red nail polish; and this pretty green jacket.
- This is one crazy farmhouse!
- 5 fun pieces of street art: David Walker in London, UK; Fintan Magee in Sydney, Australia; Vhils in Los Angeles, California, USA; Phlegm in San Diego, California, USA; and JAZ in Cuidad Juarez, Mexico.
- Great piece on coping with stress from ex vitae.
- I could look at cleverly designed business cards all day (here’s some more). It’s one of my favourite things about going to blogger events too. I’ve used mini Moo cards for years. How about you?
- Have you ever seen a house like Greg Irvines? Check out this video:
Enjoy your weekend!