It’s chilly here in Boston, but no snow yet. Fingers crossed. I’ve been here all week, working, falling asleep way too early and waking up at 4am… Ah jet lag.
It’s a beautiful city though and despite the cold, there’s been a lot of sunshine. It has been a week of eating too many delicious pastries, enjoying the quirky wallpaper and the welcoming barks of Skye at my Airbnb host Gerald’s house and filling my suitcase with as many bags of Goldfish crackers as I can cram in to take back over the pond.
My mom arrives tonight to spend a few days with me before I head back to London, so I’m excited to see what sort of adventures we’ll get up to.
What are your plans for the weekend?
Photo: Some new bird feeders/houses my dad was working on for his Etsy shop while I was home. Doesn’t the middle one remind you of Liberty in London?
Here are some links for you:
- How long has Norway been on my travel wishlist? Longer than I can remember and I’m hoping for an adventure in 2015. If Maggie’s stunning photos are anything to go by, I’m in for a treat!
- The Corner Room is definitely on my list of London places to eat. Great photos from Jacintha!
- 5 recipes to try: Tomato, Basil, Feta & Horopito Pepper Bruschetta; Indian Butter Chicken; Rosemary Pear Pie; Buttermilk Rosemary Donuts; and Flourless Blueberry Banana Bread.
- A couple of interesting photography projects worth a look: Marketplace; Karaba Brick Quarry; Varanasi Micro-Trend: Long White Gloves for Bicycling; and Varanasi Micro-Trend: Long White Gloves for Bicycling.
- Reading My Tea Leaves shares 10 great ways to beat the Winter blues.
- 5 things on my wish list: this mini freesia scented travel candle; this flamingo plate that matches with a few others in our collection; this pretty swingy black dress with sleeves (cheap too!); these fun copper lamps; and this practical black bag.
- How cool is Justin Bettman’s Set in the Street art project? I love how zooming out of the images gives them a whole different perspective.
- 5 fun pieces of street art: Irony and Frank Styles in South Shields, UK; Hopare in Paris, France; Levalet in Paris, France; at Chorro de Quevedo in Bogotá, Colombia; and Beastman in Bunbury, Australia.
- Colombian artist Diana Beltran Herrera’s intricate paper stamps and bird sculptures must take a lot of patience!
- And I’ll leave you with a video of the midnight sun and some beautiful scenery in Iceland:
Enjoy your weekend!