Earlier this week, we met with wedding photographers, enjoyed a delicious dinner at our favourite Spanish restaurant in London, Iberica and went to see The Commitments at London’s beautiful Palace Theatre. Tonight, dinner with friends at one of my favourite Thai restaurants. It’s been a busy week, trying to plan a route through London’s wedding dress shops for my mom’s visit next week and some writing projects as well. What did all of you get up to? What are you looking forward to this weekend?
Some of my favourite “little things” from the week were: turning the last page of a book I’ve been reading for far too long, hearing from a friend I’ve known for 27 years that she’s booked her first flight to London, taking my beautiful new red-soled shoes out for the first (and second) time, a huge bowl of the tastiest olives and unlocking another level in my Spanish game. What were yours?
A few links for you:
- I have a soft spot for all things grey right now. Maybe because it matches the sky. Anyway, here’s some grey style inspiration from one of my favourite fashion bloggers, College Vintage.
- I came across the work of Canadian-Chilean artist Shalak Attack who does some incredible colourful street art. She’s also put together “visual art workshops for youth of under-privileged communities and prisoners in various countries across the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and recently in Africa.” Definitely on my list of people I’d like to interview.
- 5 places I’d love to stay: Boundary Hotel in London; One of the 25 Hours Hotels; Pantone Hotel in Brussels; Click Clack Hotel in Bogota, Colombia; and Wythe Hotel in Brooklyn, NYC.
- What do you do to ditch the Winter blues? Here’s 7 ideas.
- If you’re trying to learn a second language like I am, check out Duolingo. It’s a great app and website!
- Steve McCurry has always been one of my favourite photographers. Have a look at these wonderful images of family tables around the world and portraits of resilience. The question is often asked during those terrible ice-breaking games – If you could have dinner with one person you’ve never met, who would it be? For me, it would be Steve McCurry.
- Have you seen the shrink-wrapped, 70’s style house in London’s Spitalfields?
- 5 recipes to try: Churros with Chocolate Dip; Whole Wheat Pesto, Tomato and Mozzarella Rolls; Icelandic Fish Soup; Wild Alaskan Salmon with Pistachio Pesto and Roasted Fennel; and Classic Lemon Bars.
- Speaking of food, next time I go to NYC, I’d like to eat here.
- Lastly, an interesting little video about street art in Paris:
Enjoy your weekend!