With just three short days at work and a visit from my mom who arrived from New York on Wednesday, this week flew by very quickly. We spent yesterday morning having manicures before embarking on the difficult adventure of wedding dress shopping that will carry on through Sunday with some cheeky other shopping and delicious dinners and lunches in between. Jorge‘s parents are also in London from Spain and we had fun introducing all of them for the first time despite the language barrier! The weekend will go far too quickly for me, but I intend to enjoy every moment of it.
Photo: Street art in Amsterdam
Here are few links for you:
- From Soweto, South Africa, to Kiev, Ukraine, Suitcase Magazines picks up on five upcoming fashion scenes.
- Salvation Mountain must be one of the strangest places on earth. Have you see this colourful photo series by National Geographic photographer Aaron Huey? I’ve been digging through his website for at least 20 minutes now. It’s all inspiring, but some other favourite series? American Ocean and Sufism in Pakistan.
- If I ever make it to Cuba, I hope to see Smokin’ Graciela!
- Love the images from Lena Dunham’s first Vogue cover photoshoot.
- 5 places I’d like to stay: Riad Idrissy in Fez, Morocco; The Boathouse at Archerfield House near Edinburgh; Casa Migdia in Spain; The Olive Exclusive in Namibia; and Canal House in Amsterdam.
- How cool is this abandoned boat in Ushuaia, Argentina, that was painted by street artists JAZ and Seth?
- An unexpected hostess gift on Cupcakes & Cashmere. What a lovely idea.
- 5 recipes to try: Raspberry Swirl Buttermilk Pancakes; Couscous Stuffed Chicken Breasts; Chargrilled Zucchini and Halloumi Salad; Homemade Dulce de Leche; and Shrimp Saganaki.
- A series of soft light, femininity and a few strange props by photographer Can Dagarslani.
- And finally, a little peek into the way J Crew’s colours are created:
Have a fun weekend!