Last weekend was the first I was allowed out of the house after my eye surgery. I filled it with adventures to Notting Hill in West London and Shoreditch in East London. Monday was finally my first day back to work and it’s great to have my normal routine back again! This week, we received a box from Hello Fresh full of delicious new recipes to try, one of which will be on the blog soon.
What are you up to this weekend? I’m hoping the lovely weather sticks around, but I think it might rain on Sunday which is a good excuse for some Spring shopping!
Photo: On a friend’s balcony, Barcelona – Spring 2012
Here are some links for the next few days:
- I’ve been thinking about a good office plant for my desk at work, something that tolerates little sunlight and my less than green thumb. Excited to see that Apartment Therapy recently posted about five hard-to-kill plants that work well in low light.
- Photographer Alice Gao is such an inspiration. Check out Design Sponge for a look into a day in the life of Alice Gao. And follow her on Instagram; she brightens my day. Her blog, Lingered Upon, is a beautiful place too.
- This is so fascinating – book covers in the US vs the UK, 2014. Which are you more attracted to? Mine were a mix – perhaps due to my strong ties to both cultures, but who knows!
- 5 recipes to try: Sautéed Swiss Chard with Ricotta and Marjoram Medallions; Venezuelan-style Arepas; Blood Orange Gin and Tonic; Healthy Breakfast Ice Cream; and a delicious looking Balkan dessert called šnenokle.
- There are almost 6000 artistic manhole covers throughout Japan. Also, some whimsical bicycle street art in Buenos Aires. And, street artist ATM is painting beautiful images of London’s endangered birds on walls around the city.
- Aren’t mismatched chairs around a table fun? I think they add character. Honestly WTF has a recent post full of photos of mismatched chairs. What do you think?
- My dad has been taking photographs of fascinating fences on his travel adventures from around the States and Europe to New Zealand and Colombia.
- 5 places I’d like to stay: Cheval Blanc Randheli in the Maldives; this renovated gas station Airbnb property in New Orleans; American Trade Hotel in Panama City; Ladera Resort in St. Lucia; and Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel in Peru.
- Paris can be such a magical place. 8 Rue Caffarelli has some beautiful photos of some of the more hidden parts of the city.
- And, imagine living on this street in Hanoi, Vietnam:
Enjoy your weekend!
MariekenApril 7, 2014 at 9:58 am
I love the Parisian photo’s and the blood orange gin and tonic looks and sounds delicious!
littleobservationistApril 7, 2014 at 10:43 am
Oh yes, I need to try those gin and tonics soon!!
Diana MieczanApril 8, 2014 at 4:48 pm
I agree, Alice is so talented and I adore her Instagram feed too. Off to check out all your links with my freshly made cup of coffee. Kisses, love. xoxo