It’s been a busy week for me, and next week and the following I have something happening almost every week after work – some wedding related, some not. Dimple and I just booked a spa day at Sanctuary in Covent Garden for the end of the month which I’m definitely looking forward to. But first, I’m looking forward to this weekend. It’s the first real weekend that Jorge and I will have together in London since probably the beginning of February! Either one or both of us was travelling, he was working or my eye was a mess. We’re going to check out the wedding dress exhibition at the V&A (hopefully some pictures to follow) and pop over to the East to check out a cafe I’ve been wanting to visit, and do some wedding errands. Only seven weeks to go now!
What are you up to over the next few days?
Some links for you:
- Iranian artist and designer Mehdi Ghadyanloo is brightening up the streets of Tehran with some huge, colourful murals. Modern Met has lots of images. And, an incredible rose painted staircase – also in Tehran. Who knew it was a city that embraced such creativity?
- I love the concept of We Work, the shared office spaces which are all over the States. They’re bringing one to London’s South Bank. Check out the interior design. They do workshops and they’re full of likeminded entrepreneurial people. Yes please.
- 5 places I’d like to stay: Church Street Hotel in Brixton, London; Villa Extramuros in Portugal; Vega Cottage in Norway; Nayara Springs in Costa Rica; and Hacienda Na Xamena in Ibiza.
- If I ever make it to Sydney, a trip to The Potting Shed is definitely in order.
- What’s in your fridge? Here’s a look inside the fridges of chefs!
- How beautiful are Grace Ciao’s fashion illustrations that incorporate the petals of real flowers?
- 5 recipes to try: Fresh Spinach Pasta; Pulpo a la Gallega; Sangria Swirled Frozen Margaritas; Chocolate Pudding Pie; and Blueberry, Oatmeal, Chocolate Cookies.
- AnOther Mag celebrates some of the world’s fabulous older women – just in time for American Mother’s Day?
- I really enjoyed Natalie’s post this week on perspective, spring, grey hairs, etc. Sometimes I just skim blog posts and look at the photos but this one kept me captivated and nodding.
- A beautiful video by animator Gemma Green Hope, in remembrance of her grandmother:
Enjoy your weekend!