22 days until the wedding, so guess what I spent this week doing? Everything to do with the wedding and not much else! Dimple and I enjoyed a spa day in Covent Garden last Saturday followed by a lovely Moroccan dinner at Souk where were were entertained by belly dancers and strawberry daiquiris. This Saturday a few of my girl friends are taking me out for afternoon tea followed by cocktails and Spanish tapas and Sunday I plan to relax in between panicking over the remaining stuff on our to do list and possible making confetti which I think will be therapeutic while I drink tea and watch a movie. Any recommendations? We finally watched Dallas Buyers Club this week! However, if it’s sunny, the Sunday’s plan goes out the window and I go outside to enjoy because it’s rained every day this week!
What are you up to this weekend? Anything exciting?
Photo: The bunny that lives in my parents’ garden, June 2013
Here are a few links for you:
- A few fascinating photography projects on: Obesity; Asexual people; NYC residents and their bikes; and my favourite – the 40 of the best shots from the Humans Of movement around the world.
- Some clever social advertisements on Bored Panda.
- 5 recipes to try: Fresh Herb Aïoli with Spring Vegetables; Cheddar Chive Popovers; Grilled peaches and Halloumi Salad; Chocolate Pudding Cake spiked with Kahlua; and Salted Caramel Blackberry Brownies.
- I thought pancake shapes were amazing but this guy adds a whole new artistic dimension. Also, a creative solution for getting rid of potholes!
- A heartbreakingly beautiful photo story on A House on the Hills about Sarah’s father in law who is in stage IV of pancreatic cancer as I write this.
- 5 places I’d like to stay: The Wild Rabbit in The Cotswolds, UK; Segera Resort in Kenya; Georges Hotel Galata in Istanbul; Ham Yard Hotel in Soho, London; and Blancaneaux Lodge in Belize.
- My mom recently joined Pinterest! Check out some of her boards: Travel, Gardens/Flowers and Fun Things. If you like, visit mine as well while you’re there.
- Earthworms give me the creeps so the last one on this list almost made me sick. It’s gourmet meals that feature unusual animals. Would you try all or any of them?
- Loving the bold decor in this house, especially those emerald green walls! Makes me want to own my own home that I can decorate. One day…
- How do you experience beauty? This is what beauty is like for people who have lost their sight:
Enjoy your weekend!
KatieJune 9, 2014 at 6:59 pm
I love the pothole mosaic solution!! Potholes were terrible this year in Chicago!!! And I see that this artist actually created the mosaic at my El stop in Chicago. So cool to find out who made it! I had a great and busy weekend. I had a yard sale. Got rid of a bunch of stuff, made a little money and hung out with my neighbors all day. Good times! How’s the wedding to-do list coming along?!
littleobservationistJune 9, 2014 at 9:58 pm
I know – the potholes are great, aren’t they? Buffalo, where my parents live, is full of them too. I hope he makes his way there at some point. I’m jealous that you’ve seen one. Yard sales are so much fun. We used to have them when we were kids and sell books for 10 cents and make a lemonade stand and the whole works. They aren’t really a done thing here in London which is a shame! Most people don’t even know their neighbors which is also a shame. The wedding list is ticking down (as is the time). 19 days to go!! I’m excited to see everyone together and to make it official with Jorge but I have to say, I will be happy to have the planning behind us 🙂