It’s been a great week! I’ve had a weekend with Jorge wandering around the city, eating some nice meals at Mews of Mayfair and Bibimbap in Soho, Monday to take my camera around East London and family and friends started to arrive from the States. I’m thrilled to have them all in London (though sad a few couldn’t make it) and have had a blast with them so far. Thursday I picked up my dress with my mom, today it’s manicures and pedicures then an afternoon tea later on and TOMORROW I’M GETTING MARRIED!
What are you up to this weekend?
Here are a few links for you:
- Goggle has launched a new series -“#StreetArtProject” to document some of the best street art around the world and keep records after it has been destroyed.
- Love this “Instant Life” series by French photographer Florian Beaudenon of strangers going about their daily lives, shot from above. Another fun photography project is by Italian Gabriele Galimberti who traveled around the world and took photos of his hosts. And one that is more eye-opening is British photographer Jo Farrell look at the last women foot binders of China.
- 5 recipes to try: Rib Eye Steak with Spinach and Pine Nut Rice; Sesame & Scallion Soba Noodles with a Fried Egg; Parmesan Dutch Baby with Truffle Salt Honey; Apricot Strawberry Grilled Crisp; and Nectarine, Blueberry and Buckwheat Cake.
- The light in the third photo in this post on The Yellow House is gorgeous. And those kittens are pretty darn cute too.
- Buzzfeed shares 31 amusing crimes against design.
- Love this feature on globemaker Peter Bellerby by Spitalfields Life. Have you ever seen how a globe is made? Do you have one? Would you want one?
- 5 cool pieces of street art: Ernest Zacharevic in Malaysia; Eduardo Kobra in Sao Paulo, Brazil; Hopare in France; Irony & Boe in London; and Remi Rough and Best Ever in Gambia.
- I just can’t get enough of Jacintha’s wonderful photography on her blog, Urban Pixxels. The latest? Her day trip to Brighton.
- Beautiful photos of Indonesian village life captured by Herman Damar. And the Moroccan town covered in blue paint that would make for some amazing travel photos.
- Wish I could do this:
Have a great weekend!