It’s been a hot and sunny week here in London with plenty of blue sky days. Last Sunday I visited the beautiful Chelsea Physic Garden where I took too many photos and have an epic plant-filled post to share with you on Monday. Jorge’s was away in Italy all week so Oakley and I have had the flat to ourselves with plenty of crazy cat play time, cereal for dinner and sleeping like a starfish. He’s back now, which is good because (among other reasons, of course) the million plants in our flat would probably die soon.
After the sun went down this past week, I spent some time designing my first media kit. I’ll always write original content (including posts that happen to be sponsored, in which case I will let you know), and I’m looking forward to working with some fun brands that I love on a few upcoming projects. If you’re interested in collaborating with me, let me know.
This weekend, I’m looking forward to getting out and about with Jorge since it’s not often we have a weekend off together and planning our honeymoon to St Lucia and Trinidad & Tobago.
Any exciting plans for you?
Here are some links for you:
- Do you ever listen to Podcasts? If so – particularly if you’re a blogger or have a small business – check out After the Jump, a free show by Grace Bonney, blogger behind the fabulous Design*Sponge.
- Andi Schreiber documents life as a middle aged woman, in photographs.
- 5 recipes to try: Salt and Pepper Squid; Heirloom Caprese with Mint Pesto; Grilled Cherry Milkshakes; Peach Bundt Cake with Lemon Glaze and Lavender and Tarragon and Mint Ice Cream.
- I’m not a dog person, but I am a photography person so maby that’s why this one was quite touching. It’s the story of a dog’s last day on earth.
- These creative cutting boards remind me of having fun with woodburning when I was a kid.
- How cool are these paintings on salvaged books by artist Mike Stilkey? The rabbit and the elephant are my favourites.
- 5 fun pieces of street art: Zeh Palito in Brazil; Maser in Ireland; Jace in Paris; Agostino Lacurci in Croatia; and this owl.
- Bored Panda shares some great photos of a rusty old traffic jam stuck in a Belgian forest for 70 years. And Fubiz has some stunning photographs of abandoned American asylums by Jeremy Harris. Another photography project along these same lines and definitely worth a look is the Soviet Ghosts series by Rebecca Litchfield.
- Fast Company charts the daily routines of 26 of history’s most creative people.
- What talent. I wish I could make videos like Ezaram Vambe. Watch this stunning clip of Havana Cuba, a city on my travel wishlist.
Enjoy your weekend!