If you’re reading this post on Friday morning, then I’m likely on a plane to Sweden for a long weekend adventure in Stockholm! I can’t wait. There’s not much I enjoy more than waking up somewhere completely new to explore. It’s invigorating and inspiring. My Stockholm list includes checking out as many of their amazing subway stations as possible, visiting Skansen, a cultural park, wandering through the old town, hitting up Konst-ig for design books and magazines, visiting the Ostemalms Saluhall market and lunch at Urban Deli. If there’s time I’d love to wander through the gardens of Rosendals Tradgard with a stop for lunch. We’ll definitely spend some time in the Sodermalm neighbourhood, popping in to Grandpa for clothes, furniture and home stuff and Coctail. Then there’s Svenskt Tenn and Lotta Agaton – design shops to inspire us, Fotografiska – a photography gallery and dinner in the quirky Grill. Plenty more too. Think we can fit all of that into three days? Other suggestions are welcome! Most likely, we’ll just wander like we always do when we travel, without much of an agenda and if we just happen to pass by these places, we’ll stop in. Spontaneity with a teeny bit of direction is best.
What are you up to this weekend? Anything interesting?
Photo: Hard to believe we’ve been married over a month now! I might post a few wedding photos later this month.
Here are a few links for you:
- Check out this collection of elaborately decorated window displays around the world.
- Photographer Carl Corey photographs small family-run businesses in the US and the people who own them.
- 5 recipes to try: Beet, Apple, Goat Cheese Salad; Caldo Verde with Chorizo; Roasted Carrot Soup with Fennel + Lemon; Healthy Rice Flour Pancakes with Plum Compote; and Peach Bourbon Ice Cream Sandwiches with Lemon Cornbread Cookies.
- Have you seen Grand Budapest Hotel? Check out the fictional hotel’s reviews on Trip Advisor. Very amusing.
- Loving Clementine Daily’s 10 Dos and Don’ts for a Simpler Life – especially the ones about the calendars and the cushions.
- 5 fun pieces of street art: Artur Bordalo‘s railway art; David Walker in Rochester, New York, USA; Interesni Kazki in Girona, Spain; Jeff Soto in Los Angeles, California, USA; and El Decertor in Peru.
- Do you follow the blog “What Should I Eat for Breakfast Today“? If not, you should. It’s a beautiful inspiring place, as is Marta’s Instagram and Pinterest!
- I redesigned my dad’s website for Sadler Garden Collections this week. What do you think?
- Camille Styles has rounds up the top 10 street stylers. Happy to see my favourite Miroslava Duma at number one. Wondering where Susie Bubble is on the list though!
- One day, I would love to go to Japan (and learn how to make videos like this – wherever I may be):
Enjoy the weekend!