It’s been a pretty intense conference week at work with lots of extra long hours so I don’t fall too behind with everyday work. This means the little amount of free time I have in the evenings is spent playing catch up with editing photos, blogging, watching a few episodes of Orange is the New Black with Jorge and sleeping. I also managed to fit in a lovely evening of wine drinking and good conversation with Anne from Benton and Tilley who was visiting London from Kentucky. Last weekend Jorge and I went to the beautiful Royal Opera House to watch a magical ballet. I also went to London’s Maltby Street Market for the first time and visited an old favourite, Borough Market. Posts on those soon! This weekend, we’re gearing up for a staycation at the Zetter Townhouse in Clerkenwell and look forward to taking advantage of their cocktail bar while we’re there.
What are you up to this weekend?
Here are some links for you:
- How cute are these black and white cat pictures? Apparently last Friday was #WorldCatDay on Twitter. Who knew? And on the pet theme, some touching photos of dogs and their homeless owners.
- I absolutely adore door #10. When I make it to Portugal, I will track it down.The rest of them are pretty fantastic too.
- 5 recipes to try: Lobster Rolls; Lemony Summer Squash Orecchiette; Chocolate Slush Pudding in Jars; Peach Ginger Muffins; and Giant Cinnamon Roll Skillet.
- Camille Styles shares some excellent tips on how to look forward to Mondays! Do you have any tips of your own?
- From Bored Panda – Humans looking tiny in massive landscapes; 16 of the oldest surviving everyday things; and some of the most beautiful trees in the world.
- Next time I go to Amsterdam, I may just stay here. Although, the last Airbnb art house we stayed in there was pretty fantastic too!
- 5 fun pieces of street art: ROA in Bromölla, Sweden; Fin DAC in Ibiza, Spain; Stinkfish & Pez in Bogota, Colombia; Bicicleta Sem Freio in San Juan, Puerto Rico; and Jimmy C in London.
- Macaron Ice Cream Sandwich, anyone?
- There’s an interesting photos series on the lives of people living in California trailer parks by David Waldorf on Behance.
- And a video, Enter Pyongyang, a collaboration between JT Singh and Rob Whitworth shot in the capital of North Korea:
Enjoy your weekend!