It’s been a week of running all over London from Shoreditch to Camden to Archway to Kentish Town to Denmark Hill, to Old Street to Moorgate and everywhere in between. This weekend we’ll be heading to north west London to have dinner with Danny and Lucy at their new flat. I’m hoping for a last grasp at Summer this weekend, a quiet one before the travel madness kicks off for the next few months. So not many plans really and happy for it.
What are you up to? Anything exciting?
Photo: St. Katherine’s Docks, London – August 2014
Here are a few links:
- An interesting photo essay by German-Hungarian artist Katharina Roters who documented the houses of post-war communism in Hungary.
- Tiny vinyl postage stamps that were playable in 1972. How cool is that?
- 5 recipes to try: Heirloom Tomato Sun-Cheese Toasts; Shrimp Rolls with Herb Brown Butter Mayo; Blueberry Crepes with Vanilla Ice Cream; Blueberry Peach Jam; and Peppermint Tea Lemonade.
- Taxi shares a few photography projects worth a look: women aging gracefully; Tribeca neighbours in NYC; a touching fashion shoot with acid attack survivers, and child smokers in Indonesia.
- Which of these five unusual roads would you most like to travel? I’ve been down Lombard Street in San Francisco, many years ago. Since, someone with a Lombard Street address bought a print from my Etsy shop!
- India’s less wasteful version of the ice bucket challenge: the rice bucket challenge.
- 5 fun pieces of street art: Deih in Valencia, Spain; Ella and Pitr in Saint Etienne; Faith47 in Portland, Oregon, USA; C215‘s love murals; and Pejac in Paris, France.
- Who knew there was a 25 acres lavender farm a 25 minute bus ride from London’s West Croydon? On the list! Also, one of these days I have to make it over to God’s Own Junkyard.
- The Gentle Author from Spitalfields Life takes us on a walk through a mannequin factory. Creepy?
- Have you seen the story of the Daily Doodle Gram on Instagram, a project by Isaeli freelance illustrator Geffen Refaeli:
Enjoy your weekend! PS – Come find me on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook.