I came back to London last weekend. It is really feeling like Autumn now. I spent a few days catching up with work, blogging, laundry, shopping for Caribbean essentials like bug spray, sun screen and bikinis and tonight it’s packing again for honeymoon in St. Lucia! All kinds of excitement these days. Jorge and I did manage to squeeze in an amazing 8-course tasting menu at London’s second best restaurant, Hibiscus as part of the Malibu #BestSummerEver campaign. I’ve scheduled a mouth-watering post about that one for next week when I’m away.
That’s about all of my news this week because I have tons to do, so tell me: What are you up to this weekend? Anything exciting happening next week?
Photo: Boston’s Chinatown, September 2014
Here are a few links for you:
- Sarah shares 17 tips on how to shake up a few little things to make life a bit more intresting.
- I just stumbled on The Road is Home through another favourite, Diana’s blog – ExPress-o. And what a beautiful place it is, both words and photos.
- 5 recipes to try: Pesto Spinach Muffins; Skinny Garlic Parmesan Fries; Carrot Cake Pancakes with Vanilla Mascarpone; Honey Pumpkin Cornbead Muffins; and Braided Cardamom Bread.
- 35 London Restaurants to Try Before You Die? I think it’s time to start wating our way through this list!
- My dad runs a small business selling garden products that he designs and creates. He has not been finding much time for social media. So I told him I’d take over for a few months. Help me out and give us a follow on Pinterest and Facebook?
- How cool are Lorraine Loot’s Postcards for Ants – mini paintings every day, and so detailed!
- 5 fun pieces of street art: Dulk in Zargosa, Spain; Fintan Magee in Moscow, Russia; Vidam in Prijedor, Bosnia; Kobra in Lodz, Poland; and Alice Pasquini in Moscow, Russia.
- On the plane back to London from Boston I watched the Advanced Style documentary about some of the most fashionable street style in NYC spotted on women over the age of 50. If you get a chance, definitely watch it. And check out the blog too!
- Messy Nessy Chic shows us the plans for London’s re-invented Battersea Power Station, a funny post about West Korea and a crazy wooden Volkswagen Beetle.
- And I will leave you with a beautiful video of Howard Quimby, an 86-year old farmer from Marlboro, New York:
Enjoy your weekend!
Diana MieczanSeptember 30, 2014 at 5:30 pm
Totally agree, the Advanced Style documentary is a must see:) Kisses and hugs, darling. xo