Last Sunday afternoon, Jorge and I ate lunch in Bumpkin looking out of the window at the bucketing rain and people hudling under the awning of the pub across the street. Before that, we spent an hour in the Royal Festival Hall looking at the incredible photography on display in the World Press Photo Exhibition. It’s one of my favourite photography events every year and I think I’ve only missed one in the eight years I’ve lived in London. We also had a steak night at El Gaucho and spent an evening cooking and eating Spanish tapas at home.
Fingers crossed for some clear skies this weekend! I’m hoping to do a bit of baking (something pumpkin-y), get out and about for some London photos which I haven’t done in a while, go for a run, work on some interviews for Little Observationist and relax! It’s been a very busy few months.
What are you up to this weekend?
Photo: Looking out from London’s Embankment
Here are a few links for you:
- I absolutely love this etsy shop! I can’t decide which print I want because they are all amazing. I was going to link to a few specific pieces here but I can’t even narrow it down…
- 5 recipes to try: Homemade Spaghetti & Bison Fennel Meatballs with Porcini Truffle Sauce; Grilled Pumpkin Bread with Honeycomb; Hazelnut, Apple and Chocolate Buns; Chocolate Pound Cake; and Chocolate Challah Bread Pudding.
- A few interesting photography projects on LensCulture: A Priest, Prostitutes, Shelter and Care; Tales from Russia: Rediscovering my Homeland; and Iran’s Booming Consumer Culture.
- Wolfram Kampffmeyer’s geometric paper sculptures are brilliant. Have you seen them? I especially like the fox and flamingos.
- 5 fun pieces of street art: ROA in Rome, Italy; POW! WOW! for Hawaiian Airlines; Brusk in Lyon, France; Nunca in Lisbon, Portugal; and INTI in Mulhouse, France.
- Can somebody buy me a hexagonal honey spoon please?
- What a wonderful idea – These guys turned their van into a laundromat to help the homelesss wash their clothes in Brisbane, Australia.
- 5 things on my wish list this week: This eucalyptus candle; these fun napkins; this perfect white tee; these pink Tods; and this jumpsuit for holiday parties.
- I would love to fly to Italy to see this. Steve McCurry has long been one of the photographers I most admire.
- And finally, Paris or New York City?
Enjoy your weekend!
PS – You can also find me on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook.
Diana MieczanNovember 17, 2014 at 2:36 pm
That honey spoon is stunning and the eucalyptus scented candle is a must….Smells amazing:) Psst: Both:) Hope you had a great weekend, lovely.
littleobservationistNovember 17, 2014 at 3:46 pm
Ha, both! I agree. Hope you had a lovely weekend too. xo