Last weekend, Jorge and I crossed the city to Islington to break some Christmas crackers with some Spanish friends, sent off all of our cards and finished ticking the presents off the lists. I also managed to make some delicious almond biscotti (which turns out to be an excellent recipe for the beginner). It was a pretty hectic week, but we managed a much needed relaxing and inspiring night in the festively decorated garden at Bumpkin sharing a bottle of wine and some venison before topping it off with plenty of dessert. Tonight is my company Christmas party and my one week count down to New York! This weekend, we shall see…Later next week, I’ll be contacting the winner of the Travelodge competition, so if you haven’t entered the giveaway yet, don’t forget.
What are your plans for the next few days? Up to anything exciting?
Photo: Chelsea Manor Street, London SW3, December 2014
Here are a few links for you:
- Love this hostest gift idea from Diana! And a cool post about diverse holiday feasts eaten by families in NYC. And a fun ornament guide!
- Would you dine at the restaurant of 10,000 bones?
- 5 recipes to try: Mini Greek Spinach Pies; Parmesan and Poppyseed Lollipops; medenjači (honey cakes); Cranberry Thumbprint Cookies; and Gingerbread Biscotti.
- Bored Panda has compiled 35 photos of people from around the world and little stories about each one. I love how diverse this world is.
- 5 things on my wish list this week: This bike; this therapeutic looking coloring book for adults (loved these when I was a kid!); this pretty throw; this fun phone cover for a laugh; and if I ever used pencils anymore, this squirrel pencil sharpener.
- Somebody take me to Bali, please!
- 5 fun pieces of street art: James Bullough in Dallas, Texas, USA; REKA in Miama, Florida, USA; Martin Ron in Wynwood, Miami, USA; Martin Whatson in Wynwood, Miami, USA; and Hush in Wynwood, Miami, USA.
- The New York Times lists their 100 Notable Books of 2014. How many have you read? I’m afraid I have a ways to go myself…
- How amazing is this restaurant, Romita, in Mexico City?
- I’ll leave you with Nicholas Beur’s mesmerising video of what London could look like with countryside stars during a black out of city all light pollution:
Enjoy your weekend!
KatieDecember 12, 2014 at 4:28 pm
This weekend I’m going to get most of my Christmas shopping done I hope. Next week is my birthday, so since it lands on a Tuesday this year, I’m having a Sunday lunch with lots of friends. Should be a good day! Happy Friday and have a lovely weekend, Steph!
littleobservationistDecember 13, 2014 at 4:32 pm
Oh wow, our birthdays are pretty close! Yours is the 16th? Mine is Dec 28. Lunch sounds like fun! I’ll be in New York for mine this year – first in 6 years and I can’t wait! Hope you’re enjoying your weekend and happy birthday a bit early! xo
Diana MieczanDecember 17, 2014 at 3:06 pm
Balazs wanted me to tell you that he loved the almond biscotti and thank you SO much for the link love, darling. Have a beautiful day and I’m off to read a few more of your posts. xoxo
littleobservationistDecember 17, 2014 at 3:55 pm
Aw, I’m so glad you made it and he liked it! Thanks for letting me know. I found a gingerbread biscotti one I want to try one of these days too 🙂 Hope your week is going well! xo