Tomorrow, I’m flying back to New York to spend Christmas, my birthday and New Year at home for the first time in six years. Six years! While I’ve been lucky enough to travel home a few times a year lately, it is my favourite season there and how I let that much time pass in between, I have no idea. And so, I’ve decided to take a real break, including from Little Observationist, freelance projects and my work email which I can never seem to switch off. That means I will have two weeks of little communication so that I can fully enjoy this time.
With that in mind, I’ll be back with new posts in January and wish all of you the happiest time over the holidays!
Here are some links for you:
- “Isn’t it exhausting that everything we do in our lives has to be purposeful?” I agree, Malgosia! Great post On Doing What You Love.
- It’s hard to resist photos of London’s Borough Market, a complete foodie heaven. And on that note, congrats to blogger Mondomulia who took them for just quitting the 9-5 to become a full time blogger/writer/photographer. Amazing.
- 5 recipes to try: Brown Butter Tomatoes; Lemongrass Stuffing; Easy Biryani; Vanilla Bean Pound Cake with Pomegranate Glaze and Snickerdoodle Pie.
- How cute are these matchboxes made from classic book covers?
- I missed the adventure of picking out a Christmas tree this year (so much fun!) but luckily I get to enjoy one when I get home tomorrow!
- 5 things on my wish list: This shea butter body lotion (perfect for dry Winter skin); this patriotic, limited edition Leica camera; these happy leftover containers for next day lunch; this outfit; and for its photos to its stories to the celebration of craftsmanship, this book!
- Have you seen Spanish artist Yago Partal’s zoo portraits? Love!
- Levo League shares 7 Ways to Achieve a Better Work Life Balance in 2015. Something I know I definitely need to work on!
- Jacintha’s photos are always fantastic. I love her year in review post!
- I’ll leave you with a video showing the idea of escape versus everyday reality:
Enjoy your weekend!