Last weekend, I was with my mom in Boston, walking through the wintery cold, covered head to toe in snow like abominable snowwomen. It was a fully packed weekend of exploring, of eating delicious food (Spanish tapas at Barcelona, dim sum at Myers+Chang, soup and sourdough toast at Coda, meatballs and kale salad at the Oak Long Bar & Kitchen and pastries every morning from Flour and the South End Buttery), a bit of shopping (blog post on a cool flower shop we discovered coming soon) and a night at the cinema.
I came back with sore throat and uber-long to do list, so it was back in the swing of things all week, working on a new project for my Etsy shop and thinking about some plans for our first trip to Africa in August – exciting! This weekend is up in the air, open to spontaneity or just curling up with a good book and plenty of tea and catching up with all of your blogs I’ve missed on feedly over the last week.
What are you up to this weekend?
Here are some links for you:
- An inspiring interview on starting your own business over at Breadhive!
- Blogger MessyNessyChic shares some excellent photos of abandoned greenhouses and USB sticks hidden in walls around the world.
- 5 recipes to try: Spanakopita; Cranberry Glazed Meatballs; Baked Lemon Chicken; Pear and Chocolate Brioche Bread Pudding; and Apple and Rosemary Buttermilk Quickbread.
- Have you ever showered by candlelight? Sounds like a good idea to me! Also, plants in the bathroom – yes please.
- When’s the last time you ate a banana?
- 5 things on my wish list: This cute duffel coat; this pretty blue dress; the Deliciously Ella cookbook; everything from L’Occitane’s lavender collection; and some new luxe mini business cards from Moo.
- Here are a few scientifically-proven ways to reduce stress.
- 5 fun pieces of street art: TWOONE in Bunbury, Australia; Seth Globetrotter in Shanghai, China; Shaka in Evry, France; Stinkfish in Panama City; and Invader in Tanzania.
- Some beautiful photography of children and animals by Russian Elena Shumilova. Also, local shop owners in context by Vladimir Antaki. And Buzzfeed has compiled a series of incredible photos of people from around the world.
- And I’ll leave you with a video of quiet Paris mid-Winter:
Enjoy your weekend!