All of the materials I need for my new project have arrived – exciting! I have a lot of work to do this weekend… I’ll tell you more about it soon. It’s been a cold week in London with a little dusting of snow a few days ago. My mom’s been sending me photos of heaps of snow in Buffalo (which I’m jealous of) so I’m keeping my fingers crossed for more this side of the pond.
We got two destination wedding invitations this week for later in the year – one in Kenya and one in the States, so I’m super excited to start planning both! Jorge has been in Italy most of the week so it’s been pretty quiet apart from a dinner out with friends last night.
I’ve been reading Moloka’i by Alan Brennert. It’s one of the best books I’ve read in a long time. I’m about halfway through and am reluctant to put it down! What are you reading these days? Any recommendations?
What are you up to this weekend?
Here are some links for you:
- I’m starting a mailing list! I won’t use it often – not more than once a month and nothing spammy (promise). Sign up and I’ll send you a snail mail postcard with one of my prints on it as a thank you.
- From setting an intention for the day to stop doing what we’re not doing, I love Clementine Daily’s tips for simplifying life.
- Messy Nessy Chic takes a look at some interesting American roadside architecture.
- 5 recipes to try: Salmon and Oat Cat Treats (!); Whole Wheat Oatmeal Honey Bread; Blood Orange, Poppy Seed Scones; Butterscotch Pudding; and Dulce de Leche Cheesecake.
- On Instagram? Here’s some fantastic foodies to follow.
- Love Chelsea’s travel philosophy!
- 5 things on my wish list: This stunning book called Horn Please about the decorated trucks of India; this chunky, cosy blue scarf; this super cute floral lingerie; this pretty Designer’s Guild throw; and a sweet little triangle necklace.
- For the 70th anniversary of the liberation of the Auschwitz concentration camp, Reuters photographers took portraits of some survivors. A beautiful series. And on a much less serious note, sunbathers.
- I’m definitely an early bird. I love my mornings (and the photos in Joy Felicity Janes’s post on the topic). How about you?
- I love reading the Design Sponge series of interviews with small business owners. So inspiring.
- I’ll leave you with a short video about 31 rolls of film that were discovered undeveloped, left behind by a WW2 soldier:
Enjoy your weekend!