This week, I’ve been working on my new project that will hopefully be ready to share with you soon. I love having something so hands on to do that doesn’t involve staring at a screen – a simple craft. There’s something to be said about the relaxation that can be found in measuring and cutting and gluing and creating.
Jorge and I celebrated three years together this week with a dinner at the lovely Apero (where I decided I still don’t like the taste of snails – something I decided in Paris at the age of 15 and never tried again until now) followed by sweet, minty mojitos at the little Mexican cocktail bar where we had our first date.
I’m hoping to have some decent weather this weekend so I can take the camera out and about. Fingers crossed. What are you up to? Anything exciting?
Photo: Oakley earlier this week
Here are some links for you:
- Bored Panda’s great for a laugh with fun kitchen gadgets, banana art & creative pregnancy announcements.
- Jorge and I discovered a beautiful shop/gallery in Mayfair recently – Lumas. He blogged about it on Hunt for Design.
- 5 recipes to try: Chicken Barley Soup; Fresh Pasta with Lemon, Rosemary and Pine Nuts; Shakshuka Pizza; Blue Banana Pancakes; Orange Cream Cupcakes with Strawberry Vanilla Frosting.
- Steve McCurry is one of my all time favourite photographers. Check out some of his series: What the World Drinks; Power of Place; and Eloquence of the Eye.
- Camille Styles features an interview (with beautiful photos) with the couple behind one of my favourite food blogs, Love & Lemons.
- 5 things on my wish list: This pretty (clearance) jumper from Boden; this lace teddy for Spring; this stunning dress; this pink lip stain; and this black t-shirt dress.
- Teabag art anyone? Preparations bring new meaning to the term tea party!
- 5 fun pieces of street art: Levalet in Paris, France; Phlegm in Sheffield, UK; Alexis Diaz and JAZ in Mexico; Seth Globepainter in Rome, Italy; and Fintan Magee in Sydney, Australia.
- If you went to Japan, would you rather be stranded on Cat Island, Fox Village or Bunny Island?
- I’ll leave you with a really beautiful video from two brothers who traveled around Vietman for 45 days. Oh how I would love to do this!
Enjoy your weekend!
PS – Come follow me on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook or join my mailing list (and get a free LO postcard).
Art FarmFebruary 13, 2015 at 8:12 pm
I’m excited to see what your new project is! Have a wonderful weekend and happy anniversary! Toby and I are staying in and staying warm on Valentine’s Day, but we decided to go out to our favorite Italian place on Sunday. Less crazy and crowded. Mmmm! Sahkshuka pizza! That sounds amazing!
littleobservationistFebruary 14, 2015 at 1:26 pm
Good strategy. I don’t think we’ll be going out tonight either but a Sunday dinner sounds like fun – Italian comfort food, yes please! Enjoy your weekend xo