It hasn’t been the greatest week for me. I’ve been sick and my grandma has been in hospital. I did, however, have a lovely walk through London on Saturday, Jorge and I ate a Lebanese lunch on Sunday, outside with out coats off in the sun (!), we received a Hello Fresh box that we’ve been cooking from and I made some of Ruby Tandoh’s delicious camomile and vanilla cupcakes. They nearly spring-like weather and slightly longer days are promising too.
I also spent a lot of time last weekend finishing up the first run on my new project that I’m itching to share, but I need to take photos first. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for some sunny weather this weekend, because I’d love to do this outdoors!
What are you up to this weekend?
Here are some links for you:
- Suitcase mag shares a day in the life of a fashion blogger’s husband. Hilarious. Also from them, a beautiful photo diary from India.
- What a beautiful story of homelessness and craftsmanship, and a beautiful magazine generally.
- 5 recipes to try: Black Sesame Matcha Rolls with Miso-Lemon Glaze; Simple Olive Oil and Parsley Pasta; Almond Cake with Painted Stripes; Bush Doughnuts; and Ricotta Hotcakes with Honeycomb Butter.
- The crooked houses of Lavenham – a fun day trip from London?
- Some beautiful photos from Myanmar. What a colourful place! Speaking of colourful, ever wonder how incense is made? Also, a project called Urbanistan.
- 5 things on my wish list: This floral trapeze dress for Spring; this book which came highly recommended; this cosy knit sweater; Nataly and Murad’s Follow Me To book; and this oversize blazer.
- Buzzfeed shares 22 cups of tea from different countries around the world. Yum!
- 5 fun pieces of street art: Askew and Elliot Francis Stewart in Port Adelaide, Australia; Madsteez in Los Angeles, CA, USA; Waone in Varkala, India; Tristan Eaton in Honolulu, HI, USA; ROA in Honolulu, HI, USA.
- I’m probably the last person on earth to see this, but how awesome is this London Scout Instagram feed? Also, Hot Dudes Reading! And one for the traveler: The Funnelogy Channel.
- I just finished this book, which I loved and would put in my top 10 faves of all time.
- Lastly, a little video about some creative soviet bus stops!
Enjoy your weekend!
PS – Come follow me on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook or join my mailing list (and get a free LO postcard).
Art FarmFebruary 20, 2015 at 6:11 pm
I hope you and your Grandma are feeling better soon! Have a wonderful weekend and take care of yourself! Hot dudes reading books cracked me up! Love it! 🙂 This weekend I’m having brunch with a friend who is leaving Chicago and moving to Portland and a dinner party with some friends. I’m also on week two of an online flower arranging class taught by Chelsea Fuss of Frolic. This week’s homework is making an arrangement inspired by a wild English garden.
littleobservationistFebruary 22, 2015 at 9:05 am
Oh how cool! I love that you’re taking flower arranging classes. And your assignment. Enjoy your brunc and dinner party – sounds like fun! We went to see a movie Friday night, a few walks, cooking and photographing my new project yesterday and today a bit more of the same before cocktails with some friends in the evening. 🙂
Melissa BlakeFebruary 20, 2015 at 8:36 pm
Thanks for the awesome links…and sending lots of good vibes to your grandma! xoxo
littleobservationistFebruary 22, 2015 at 9:00 am
Diana MieczanFebruary 25, 2015 at 2:40 pm
Oh no, I’m so sorry, sweetie. Hope your grandma and you are feeling better. I’m just catching up on things…Now off to enjoy your links. Kisses. xoxo
littleobservationistFebruary 26, 2015 at 9:14 am
Thank you. She is going home at the end of this week so she is getting there. I’m pretty much better 🙂 Hope your week is going well. xo