The highlight of this week was a few days ago when we went to the Playhouse Theatre to see “Woman on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown” starring Tamsin Greig, thanks to my friend Danny (who is a man of many connections). Really enjoyed it! I’m hoping to head down to see the Femme Fierce show on International Women’s Day this Sunday where 150 female artists will be showing off their street art talents in the Leake Street Tunnel (and have a catch up with my buddy Stu who writes Inspiring City). It’s supposed to be a beautiful warm and sunny weekend in London (according to the usually unreliable iPhone weather app)!
What are you up to this weekend?
Here are some links for you:
- How cute are these hipster animal illustrations by French artist Manoou.
- Clever use of unwanted clothing labels!
- 5 recipes to try: Spaghetti Pangrattato with Crispy Eggs; Pastry with Goat’s Cheese, Beetroot, Spinach and Mango; Cinnamon Crunch Bagel Loaf; Meyer Lemon Almond Tea Cake; and Meyer Lemon Buttermilk Pudding.
- Stressed? Camille Styles shares 8 ways to worry less.
- Need an extremely quirky new sofa?
- 5 things on my wish list: Blogger cookbook Green Kitchen Travels; this chambray dress; to do this one night; this pretty white shirt; and this honey pot (who has a honey pot!?).
- One of my favourite scents? The smell of rain. The New York Times shares the science behind it.
- 5 fun pieces of street art: Stinkfish in San Francisco, CA, USA; Decertor in Temuco, Chile; Sego in Mexico; Bordalo II in Lisbon, Portugal; and Pantonio in Rome, Italy.
- I’ve always loved visiting cemeteries when I travel. They’re so colourful in Guatemala!
- And I will leave you with George Orwell’s recipe for “a nice cup of tea” while I go make one myself…
Enjoy your weekend!