If you’ve seen this week’s blog posts, you’ll know that last weekend I went in search of some colour in one of the most vibrant areas of London: Notting Hill. I snapped my way through the rainbow houses and the bustling Portobello Road. This weekend, there’s rain in the forecast again, plus it’s the last weekend of the month which means it may be a quiet one! I’ll be working on my Etsy shop, some new blog posts for next week (any requests?) and possibly baking something yummy.
What are you up to this weekend?
Here are some links for you:
- Would you buy a flat inside Battersea Power Station? How cool!
- From Bored Panda: 22 fun phone cases and a series of beautiful portraits from Vietnam by French photographer Réhahn.
- 5 recipes to try: Authentic Canadian Poutine; Smoked Trout on Toast; Blueberry Lemon Curd; No Bake Chocolate Mousse Cake; and Banana Buttermilk Bread.
- What does your work space look like? Here’s 100 artists in their studios.
- Do you have a gallery wall at home or in your office? Rue Magazine shares 13 for inspiration.
- 5 things on my wish list: This floaty floral maxi dress; this fun bird tieback; this classic black tote; this cute flower dress; and these pretty french briefs.
- Wow, have you seen Christine Ha’s YouTube channel? It’s all about life…blind. Amazingly inspirational. And, a blind painter.
- 5 fun pieces of street art: Dzia in Belgium and beyond; Seth Globepainter in various locations; Mach05 in Turin, Italy; Stinkfish in Phnom Penh, Cambodia; and Kobra in Recife, Brazil.
- Some pretty amazing before and after photos of rescue cats. Also, albino animals.
- And I’ll leave you with a touching short documentary film that tells the story of Eunice Akoth, a fourth grade student from East Africa’s largest slum, Kibera. It’s part of a larger project, In Kibera.
Enjoy your weekend!