Picture this: So I’m just walking home from work thinking about how I’m doing such a great job at saving for this Kenya trip (the only money I spent was on my morning tea). I had my phone in my hand while I was digging for my keys just outside the door, and smack. Faceplant on the pavement (my phone, not me). Yup, cracked to bits. It’s been a good 3 years with this phone so I suppose it was time for a disaster. And a new phone. Welcome, iPhone 6 after an hour in the Apple Store…So much for not spending any money that day! (All print and notecard purchases very welcome this week… argh!)
Jorge is in Spain this weekend, so I’m going to make it a productive one and see if I can work on my etsy shop and drum up some freelance work as well as finish up a few current projects. The weather has been beautiful in London so if that keeps up, I’ll take my camera out for a spin and have a few hours in the park with my book. I may or may not do some baking too.
What are you up to this weekend?
Photo: Regent’s Canal, Camden (print on etsy!)
Here are some links for you:
- Would you live in a mews home? I would. Love this cute place in Battersea.
- Have you seen Felines of New York, a blog documenting the Big Apple’s cats, HONY style?
- 5 recipes to try: Chicken and Dumplings; Chicken and Goat Cheese Enchiladas; Lemon Poppy Seed Crepes; Chewy, Gooey Brownies with Creamy Chocolate Frosting; and Lemon Ricotta Stuffed Syrian Pistachio Pancakes with Lavender Passionfruit Syrup.
- What’s life like for stay at home dads on paternity leave? And on a similar topic, what contractions really feel like…
- 5 things on my wish list: This cookbook by blogger Aimee from Simple Bites; these breton flats; a new iPhone cover (possibly from here?); this simple black tee that goes with everything; and this lemon slice bottle opener for the bar.
- Imagine being a full time Instagramer?
- Pin the Map project shares an honest guide to making money as a freelance writer / blogger. Also, check out Nikki’s traveler series.
- 5 fun pieces of street art: Jimmy C in London, England; DZIA in Wavre, Belgium; Levalet in Paris, France; Ador in Nantes, France; and Bordallo II in Portugal.
- Someone please take me here. I love the blue decor and the food looks delish! And here too… And here…
- I’ll leave you with something a bit different than usual – Naresh Ramchandani’s short film that celebrates the life and poems of Henry Ponder – a little-known British poet who takes the time to ponder the beauty and absurdity of the everyday:
Enjoy your weekend!
PS – Come follow me on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook or join my mailing list (and get a free LO postcard).
carolinabakernorkoApril 21, 2015 at 3:56 pm
Kenya sounds awesome 🙂 When are you going? We’re planning South Africa for September!
littleobservationistApril 21, 2015 at 5:10 pm
Hey, long time no talk! We’re going for Dimple’s wedding mid-August. Hoping to catch the migration if we’re lucky. Were in SA are you going?
carolinabakernorkoApril 24, 2015 at 8:06 am
Thinking capetown, Johannesburg, and Mozambique. August is a great time to go to Kenya and/or Tanzania to see the animals! Now that I’m back in the world, I would love to catch up. Your website looks awesome and like you’ve been busy! 🙂