TBEX in Spain last weekend was both productive and inspiring. I shared a bit of the experience in Wednesday’s post, but there’s more to come next week. As usual, I took way too many pictures.
(Spare me a moment of geekiness and frustration: I decided that to edit these photos, I should finally give in and buy Lightroom which was recommended by so many people at the conference. Done. Of course, this didn’t work on my current operating system so I had to download Mac’s latest Yosemite 10.10.3 update. Fine. In order to do that, I had to clear off a bunch of old photos so there was enough memory available. Now I have lightroom, Yosemite and plenty of memory, but my wi-fi craaaaawls. Has anyone else had this issue? Any advice much appreciated!)
In happy news, on Wednesday I made my way to Stoke Newington to meet for the second time with the lovely bunch of Etsy creatives that I first met at the Chelsea Arts Club at the end of March. Lots of exciting stuff to come! I also signed up for one of the last tables at the SE20 Craft Fair on Halloween.
Tonight is a leaving party for Jorge who starts an exciting new job on Monday. Saturday is for playing catch up and relaxing. Sunday we’re heading down to Blackheath in the far reaches of the earth for a garden show and to catch up with some long lost friends in Greenwich.
What are you up to this weekend?
Here are some links for you:
- Love this photography series of Mongolian yurts in a Chinese ghost city by Shane Thomas. Also, these portraits of Ms Ulmer – a 97 year old artist. And hello wanderlust; check out Finnish-Norwegian couple Samuel and Hildegunn’s pics too!
- On the importance of taking a break. So true. Rosie writes about taking time to pause and refresh too. Also, 7 tips for falling asleep.
- 5 recipes to try: Creamed Spinach; Ginger-Soy Chicken; Ajnpren Juha; “World’s Best Brownies“; and Kiwi Mint Mojitos.
- Wouldn’t mind a Sunday brunch at Ned Ludd in Portland. Beautiful photos as always from Endlessly Enraptured! And if I’m ever in Wisconsin (which is probably unlikely), this restaurant with goats on the roof.
- 5 things on my wish list: these skinny black dungarees; this pretty cakestand; this floral black dress; this coffee table book and old school jelly sandals for the beach?
- How cool are these air plant planters by California-based artists Cindy and James Searles.
- Becky talks about turning her blog into into a thriving business (via The Guardian).
- 5 fun pieces of street art: C215 in Fontenay-aux-Roses, France; BumbleBee in Los Angeles, CA, USA; Sainer in Lisbon, Portugal; Stinkfish in Vietnam; and 1010 in Marseille, France.
- Blogger Hey Natalie Jean comes to London. Check out her thoughts and lots of pretty photos.
- I’ll leave you with a beautiful video about “the important places” which is meant to be about protecting the rivers, but it can be about a lot of things, really:
Enjoy your weekend!