Happy Friday! Is it just me or does every week seem to go by in a blur? We had a beautiful Sunday last weekend and Jorge and I ventured (more like adventured with our London transport fiasco) out to Blackheath to see the RHS at the farmer’s market. It’s all about the journey sometimes, right? On the plus side, we did have a nice sunny walk over Greenwich Park on the way there. I also made some blueberry custard pie that we managed to devour in all of two days as well as a delicious summery fish recipe that I’ll share eventually. There’s some fun interviews coming up soon too.
Tonight, I’m hoping to get back to my running if the weather is decent and if it stays that way, head out on some sort of yet to be decided photo adventure tomorrow. I’m hoping to try to get ahead of myself on some projects this weekend since I’ll be traveling for a few weeks at the end of the month and perhaps a haircut!
What are you up to this weekend?
Here are some links for you:
- A few photography projects with a look: The Long Shadow of Chernobyl; Kolkata’s Informal Workers and portraits from San Francisco’s Tenderloin District.
- Somebody take me for brunch at St. John’s in London’s lovely Maltby Street Market, please.
- 5 recipes to try: Caprese Salad with Pesto Dressing; Salty Milk Jam; Watermelon Lime Margaritas; Yogurt Oatmeal with Browned Butter Honey and Candied Pine Nuts; and Easy Chocolate Pudding.
- I enjoyed reading this interview with blogger and photographer Alice Gao from Lingered Upon.
- 5 things on my wish list: Wild Cocktails from the Midnight Apothecary; these striped napkins; this pretty white pleat dress for summer; this concrete and bronze leather hanging shelf; and these black strappy sandals.
- I would love to be doing this right now – a perfect summer activity.
- Check out Karl Lagerfield at McDonalds in 1990!
- 5 fun pieces of street art: Millo in Milano, Spain; Farid Rueda in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico; JADE in Holbox, Mexico; Stinkfish in Amsterdam, Netherlands; and Miss Van, Dan Quintana, Victor Castillo & Esao in Los Angeles, CA, USA.
- Which of these innovative ice cream flavours would you be most likely to try?
- I’ll leave you with a beautiful video by Oliver Astrologo that makes me want to travel to Vietnam:
Enjoy your weekend!