The weeks are just flying by. It’s hard to believe there is less than a month to go to the wedding. The to do list still exists but we’re chipping away at it bit by bit each day. I’m sure, after a year of planning, the 28th of June will go by in a blur. Everyone keeps telling us to make sure we step away from the crowds together for a few minutes on the day so we can have a moment together, alone. Other than that, Oakley is starting to look more like a cat and less like a kitten every day. It’s incredible how much he’s changed in the six weeks or so we’ve had him. He reached 4-months-old on Wednesday. Tonight I’m heading over to Hari’s – my favourite quirky salon – for a hair cut and tomorrow, a much needed full on relaxing spa day with massages, lunch, sleep rooms, etc. with Dimple at Sanctuary in Covent Garden. Sunday, all I am hoping for is some sun!
How was your week? What are you up to this weekend? Any exciting plans?
Here are a few links for you:
- How cool would it be to experience the Dragon Boat festival in China? Life on Nanchang Lu blog has some beautiful photos of preparations and boat building in progress.
- 5 recipes to try: Sriracha Honey Lime Chicken; Pao De Queijo; Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake with Lemon Glaze; Cherry Pie Bars and Triple Berry Cinnamon Swirl Bread.
- Have you seen New York photographer Gail Albert Halaban’s voyeuristic photos looking inside the windows of Parisians?
- The Cool Hunter covers the rise of the designer bakery. I’d love to visit any of these! On the subject of food, ever wonder what it’s like to have lunch at Google? And I’m bookmarking this post from He Needs Food for my next trip to Boston.
- Have you see the stunning photography on Urban Pixxels? It’s one of my new favourite blogs. And places to find London inspiration like this Hackney coffee shop, Cooper Wolf that I now want to visit!
- A few links from my lovely sponsors:
- 5 places I’d like to stay: Dream Downtown hotel in NYC; Hotel du Petit Moulin in Paris; Luxury Rooms in Barcelona; QT Gold Coast in Australia; and Point Yamu by COMO in Thailand.
- Cannelle et vanille shares some images from a photography workshop in Tuscany. And now I’m inspired to travel to Georgia (the country) as well thanks to Yes and Yes.
- Love Ashley’s weekly food photography tips series over on Edible Perspective. Here’s one on motion – capturing a sprinkling of powdered sugar.
- And, how to cross the street in Vietnam…
Enjoy your weekend!