I’m writing this post ahead of time so I won’t be able to tell you how my week has been which means I’ll keep it short. I’m in St. Lucia while you’re reading this, on honeymoon, hopefully enjoying some Caribbean warmth, great food and relaxation. I will, of course, have plenty of photos and stories when I come back, no doubt.
What are your plans for the weekend? What has made you happy this week?
Here are some links for you:
- One thing I do miss about living in New York is that famous New England foliage. These colourful shots that Smithsonian Magazine compiled from 10 years of photo contests are stunning.
- Totally agree with Jacintha’s case that expats deserve more holidays! Yes please.
- 5 recipes to try: 6 Splendid September Soups; Basil Flatbread; Pumpkin Zucchini Chocolate Chip Bread; Sunken Apple and Honey Cake; and Chai Pear and Chocolate Pudding Tart.
- I know it’s just a bench, but how cool is this? Found in Sweden.
- The average cost of buying a home in London is now £514,000 ($840,000), up 68% over the last decade. Londonist has the scoop as well as an article on how the city is failing people with modest incomes.
- Perhaps Oakley needs a cat tipi… hmm…or a Vladimir Putin scratching post?
- 5 fun pieces of street art: MTO in Belfast, Northern Ireland; Fin DAC in Berlin, Germany; C215 in Sri Lanka; Levalet in Paris, France; and Alexis Diaz in Aalborg, Denmark.
- Love these abstract nature portraits, especially the lava in Hawaii.
- Oh, how I wish there was a place to go apple picking in London. An orchard in Hyde Park, perhaps? What a relaxing Autumn activity and think of the warm apple crisp with melty vanilla ice cream.
- Lastly, if you haven’t yet watched Emma Watson’s UN speech, do:
Enjoy your weekend!