Can you believe we’re already finished with the first week of December? It has always been my favourite month (though October is a close second), possibly becuase it’s my birthday and I love the festive atmosphere that takes over the streets and the shops. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for some good old Buffalo snow when I head home in a few weeks. The countdown is on.
This weekend, I have a few meetings, a haircut (much-needed) and Jorge and I have dinner with some friends in Islington. It’s the first weekend we have together, both in London and not working, in about a month so here’s to making the best of it. Perhaps some ice skating at Somerset House or a wander through the Christmas markets on South Bank. Hoping to crack on with some Christmas card writing too!
What are your plans for the weekend?
Photo: Niagara Falls, New York, February 2011
Here are a few links for you:
- What sort of Christmas cookies are you making this year? Here are 22 ideas. I’m looking forward to decorating the traditional cutouts at home in New York a few weeks from now!
- When it comes to photography, travel portraits are my absolute favourite type, so I love this Bored Panda post about the world’s top 10 behind the lens.
- 5 recipes to try: 3 Cheese Spinach Omelette with Panko Crusted Sourdough French Toast; Hobotnica na žaru (Grilled Octopus); Bagel Bread Loaf; Gingerbread Bundt Cake with Lingonberries; and Apple Buttermilk Beignets.
- Love this series of black and white images of planes flying overhead between buildings. I’d like to be on one of them. To wherever.
- 5 things on my wish list this week: this bird lamp; this cosy black jumper; a festive pine cone candle; these bath salts for when I’m home in NY and finally have a bath tub; and this chunky lambswool blanket.
- Eating your way around Prague? Sounds like a great way to spend a weekend if you ask me! Beautiful photos as always, from Jacintha.
- 5 fun pieces of street art: Bordallo II in Loures, Portugal; Lonac and Artez in Banja Luka, Bosnia; Cat by JPS; Adres in Sacavém, Portugal; and David Walker and Jim Vision in London, UK.
- Mashable rounds up a collection of 25 street photos worth a look. The best ones are all about the composition.
- One day, I will see the Northern Lights. How stunning are these photos from Iceland and Greenland?
- And I’ll leave you with a video by Danny Cooke called “Postcards from Pripyat, Chernobyl”:
Enjoy your weekend!
KatieDecember 7, 2014 at 4:19 pm
The Northern Lights are on my must see list! Such beautiful photos!!! Yesterday, I met up with some friends at a big foodie market with lots of the best restaurants around Chicago selling small plates. It was a lot of fun and a good way to try some places that I haven’t had a chance to check out. Hope you had a wonderful weekend with Jorge!
littleobservationistDecember 7, 2014 at 4:53 pm
Oh, that sounds like fun! I love a good food market. And actually I’ve been hearing so many good things about Chicago lately that I’m actually thinking it would make an interesting little side trip on one of my US holidays…I’ll have to pick yoru brain at some point (and if I do get there, it would be great to have a coffee!). Enjoy the rest of your Sunday. x