The highlight of this week was the short hour I spent at the Chelsea Flower Show for a sneak peak on press day! I also got to have a girly night with Thai food and drinks at Azteca, catch up with one of my university professors (who has been a mentor and a friend over the years) on her stopover in London and spent some time finishing up some projects before I head off to the States this weekend. Haircut tonight, manicure and packing tomorrow, flying on Sunday. I’ll be in Boston for a week to tweet my way through an international education conference and then it’s up to New York to spend a week with family and friends, hopefully enjoying plenty of time on my parents’ front porch and taking lots of bubble baths too.
What are you up to this weekend?
Here are some links for you:
- Love using Pinterest to remember to share and appreciate some of the little things in life, (and then turn it off and be in the moment)! Follow me?
- Levo League shares 20 productive habits of wealthy, successful people.
- 5 recipes to try: Balsamic Marinated Steak Bites Kale Roasted Tomatoes; Truffle and Parmesan Egg in Brioche; Tres Leches Cake; Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Basil and Honey Sweet Iced Tea; and Lemon Lavender Cupcakes.
- How cool are these lolipops? Also from Bored Panda: a grand adventure and curved wet origami.
- 5 things on my wish list: this white cape dress; this blog planner; this bright textured skirt; these black ballerina pumps; and this retro camera iPhone case.
- Photographer Thomas Lohr usually shoots for high profile fashion clients like Vogue and i-D magazines but makes time for personal projects like “Birds” which is a series of close up shots of bird plumage, showing off the color, texture and shape of the feathers.
- Lensculture shares a few interesting photography projects: The Lost Beauty; Windows; Hotel Refugees: Life in Kurdistan; and Unspoken Conversations: Mothers and Daughters.
- 5 fun pieces of street art: Bailon, Sliks and Jimmy C in London, UK; DZIA in Neil, Belgium; Ella & Pitr in Saint-Etienne, France; Bordallo II in Belem, Portugal; and Cranio in London, UK.
- If I ever find myself in Australia (let’s hope!), I’m going to the beautiful Glenmore House. These pictures sold it to me pretty easily…Here too.
- I’ll leave you with a little whirl around Iceland (somewhere I’ve been itching to go for years now) with Jacintha from Urban Pixxels – one of my favourite bloggers:
Enjoy your weekend!