The highlight of this week was the short hour I spent at the Chelsea Flower Show for a sneak peak on press day! I also got to have a girly night with Thai food and drinks at Azteca, catch up with one of my university professors (who has been a mentor and a friend over the years) on her stopover in London and spent some time finishing up some projects before I head off to the States this weekend. Haircut tonight, manicure and packing tomorrow, flying on Sunday. I’ll be in Boston for a week to tweet my way through an international education conference and then it’s up to New York to spend a week with family and friends, hopefully enjoying plenty of time on my parents’ front porch and taking lots of bubble baths too.
What are you up to this weekend?
Photo: Monmouth Street, Covent Garden
Here are some links for you:
- Love using Pinterest to remember to share and appreciate some of the little things in life, (and then turn it off and be in the moment)! Follow me?
- Levo League shares 20 productive habits of wealthy, successful people.
- 5 recipes to try: Balsamic Marinated Steak Bites Kale Roasted Tomatoes; Truffle and Parmesan Egg in Brioche; Tres Leches Cake; Hibiscus, Lemongrass, Basil and Honey Sweet Iced Tea; and Lemon Lavender Cupcakes.
- How cool are these lolipops? Also from Bored Panda: a grand adventure and curved wet origami.
- 5 things on my wish list: this white cape dress; this blog planner; this bright textured skirt; these black ballerina pumps; and this retro camera iPhone case.
- Photographer Thomas Lohr usually shoots for high profile fashion clients like Vogue and i-D magazines but makes time for personal projects like “Birds” which is a series of close up shots of bird plumage, showing off the color, texture and shape of the feathers.
- Lensculture shares a few interesting photography projects: The Lost Beauty; Windows; Hotel Refugees: Life in Kurdistan; and Unspoken Conversations: Mothers and Daughters.
- 5 fun pieces of street art: Bailon, Sliks and Jimmy C in London, UK; DZIA in Neil, Belgium; Ella & Pitr in Saint-Etienne, France; Bordallo II in Belem, Portugal; and Cranio in London, UK.
- If I ever find myself in Australia (let’s hope!), I’m going to the beautiful Glenmore House. These pictures sold it to me pretty easily…Here too.
- I’ll leave you with a little whirl around Iceland (somewhere I’ve been itching to go for years now) with Jacintha from Urban Pixxels – one of my favourite bloggers:
Enjoy your weekend!
PS – Come follow me on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook or join my mailing list (and get a free LO postcard).
Art FarmMay 22, 2015 at 2:48 pm
Have a great time in the States! This long weekend, I’m going to get most plants and seeds going in the garden and probably hang out with a couple friends. It’s supposed to rain a couple days, so I might indulge in some Netflix binge watching. Or I just picked up a book by Ruth Reichel and spend it reading all day long! I love your It’s the little things pinterest board! Such a great idea and wonderful collection of images. xo
Diana MieczanMay 26, 2015 at 3:58 pm
Have the best time, darling!!! I’m just catching up after my mom’s visit. Kisses.