2021 Small Business Exclusives
If you’re a small business owner, artist, or independent creative, the list below was created with you in mind. There is a focus on Instagram which makes up the majority of my requests, but if you’d like me to work with you on another platform, I’m happy to do that too.
Email, message or DM me with questions or to book.
If you’re not sure where to start, I’d recommend an audit (which will give you a solid no-fluff plan for moving forward) or some 1:1 coaching sessions in which I’ll answer all of your questions and walk through a month of content with you.
THIS IS FOR YOU IF…you have an established presence (ie – not a complete newbie) on Instagram, but you’d like a strategist’s eyes on your account and some clarity on how to move forward.
WHAT IS IT?
I’ll take a deep dive into the way you are currently using Instagram. With my strategist’s hat on, I’ll look at everything from all of the individual elements that make up your profile bio to your content strategy across your grid, stories and other media formats, your hashtags, engagement, consistency of posts, and more. From there, I’ll provide you with a list of action points fr improvement that you can work through at your own pace—essentially a to-do list that will give you the basis of a practical strategy to take your account forward.
- A list of 15+ action points for improvement
- Personalised tips on how you can best implement these
- One month of email support
Instagram Boost: Audit & Find Your Audience
THIS IS FOR YOU IF…you have an established presence (ie – not a complete newbie), but are feeling stuck or uninspired.
WHAT IS IT?
Refresh your Instagram, and your enthusiasm, with an Instagram Boost. This is one of my most popular requests and is a combination of mini versions of some of my other small business services.
I’ll cast a professional social media strategist’s eye over your account and offer you actionable suggestions for improvement. I’ll look at a few competitors (or similar accounts), show you what is working well for them, and share some takeaways you can implement with a twist of your own. I’ll help you limit aimless scrolling with some advice on where you can strategically redirect your efforts to connect with your target audience. I’ll include some hashtags for you to experiment with, and a shoutout of 5-7 Stories slides on my own account that you’re then welcome to re-use for your highlights.
- Insight into what you’re currently doing well and should continue
- Mini profile audit with three actionable recommendations for improvement
- Mini competitor’s analysis with takeaways from two competitors that can be creatively adapted and applied to your profile
- 20 hashtags to shake up your list
- A 5-7 slide Stories intro and shoutout on @LittleObservationist
- Tailored advice on where and how to best connect with target audience
- One month of email support
THIS IS FOR YOU IF…you’re always using the same hashtags for every post, haven’t refreshed your hashtag list in a while, or aren’t quite sure about hashtag strategy.
WHAT IS IT?
Though the recent changes in Instagram’s search functionality means we are using hashtags slightly differently these days, they are still an important piece of the Instagram puzzle. I will research a list of hashtags for you to experiment with which will be relevant to your business niche, location, and target audience. I will take into account any lists you are already currently using.
- 50+ hashtags relevant to your business niche, target audience and location
- Advice on how best to use hashtags on Instagram now
Find Your Instagram Audience
THIS IS FOR YOU IF…you’d like to stop wasting time scrolling without an engagement strategy that would help you connect with the audience you’re really hoping to reach.
WHAT IS IT?
It takes time and effort to find the audience we hope to connect with on Instagram, but with some research and strategy in place, this can be less painful. You can enjoy the journey again without becoming lost in a void of endless scrolling and empty engagement. We’ll work together to define the audience you consider your target. I’ll take some time to research and come back to you with a list of places you can connect with them as well as some advice on how best to do this.
- A definition of your target audience that we work together to create
- A list of places to best find and connect with that target audience on Instagram
- Advice on how best to build your audience on Instagram
Instagram Competitor’s Analysis
THIS IS FOR YOU IF…you’d like insight into the ways in which your competitors are using instagram successfully and come away with actions points apply those lessons to your account, in your own way.
WHAT IS IT?
There’s so much to learn from our community and our competition that we can then apply to our own Instagram strategies with a personal twist. I’ll spend some time getting to grips with what’s working well on Instagram for others who share a similar audience and strategise ways you can apply these takeaways to your own account. You can pick the accounts you’d like me to analyse or I can choose if you prefer.
- Insight into what is working well for your competition or community with a similar audience to yours
- A list of action points that will allow you to take those lessons and apply them to your own account
- Some tips on how to do this while adding your own personal twist so that you are not copying, but learning and developing and innovating as you go
Instagram Stories Slides
THIS IS FOR YOU IF…you want to build up your Stories Highlights with a more branded, professional look but don’t have the time to create slides yourself.
WHAT IS IT?
You can toss a Story up on Instagram very easily, but for Highlights, you will want something a bit more polished, branded and strategised. This might be an “About” highlight or a highlight that shows off some of your work, recommendations, a particular project you’re working on, or anything else you’d like an audience to see when they visit your profile. A good cohesive Story will have about 5-7 slides. I’ll gather information and any relevant images from you that will allow me to create these (or you can point me to your website or image links on Instagram if everything is there).
A polished set of 5-7 slides for an Instagram Stories highlight on a topic of your choice.
THIS IS FOR YOU IF…you are feeling overwhelmed or unsure about how to make Instagram work best for you and need a solid, action-packed roadmap to help you meet determine and meet your goals. Or if you’ve simply decided it’s time to take Instagram more seriously. Or you’re starting from scratch and want to set off on your journey on the right foot.
WHAT IS IT?
An Instagram strategy is your extensive personalised game plan for using the platform to its greatest potential.
I will research and strategise, taking into account up-to-date best practices, your target audience, your business goals, how your competitors are using Instagram, an audit of your own current use of Instagram, and much more. I’ll take into account the future time commitment you have available for social media so that your strategy feels, and is, sustainable. You’ll gain clarity around your Instagram goals and where to connect with your target audience and you’ll feel empowered with actionable suggestions for improving and optimising your profile, a detailed content strategy, engagement strategy, hashtag strategy, knowledge of the insights that will keep you on track and follow up support.
Your Instagram Strategy can then be implemented by you, by me or by any social media manager.
- Overall, a strategic, sustainable, actionable roadmap for using Instagram to its greatest potential which includes:
- An understanding of the most up-to-date best practices for the platform
- Clarity around the goals that Instagram can help you achieve
- An understanding of where and how to connect with your target audience
- Takeaways from an audit of your own account that will guide you to make initial improvements
- Takeaways from a competitor’s analysis that will guide you to make initial improvements
- A researched content strategy for moving forward, including a list of ideas to get you started
- An researched engagement strategy for moving forward, including an initial list of places to focus your efforts
- A researched hashtag strategy for moving forward, including an initial list of hashtags for you to use
- Knowledge of the insights you’ll want to focus on to ensure you’re staying on track
- One month of email support following the delivery of your strategy
1:1 Instagram Coaching (Monthly)
1 Month – £450 / month
2 Months – £430 / month
3 Months – £415 / month
4 Months – £400 / month
5 Months – £390 / month
6 Months – £375 / month
THIS IS FOR YOU IF…ultimately, would like to manage your account yourself, but you could use some guidance get you started or send you in the right direction. This is for everyone from complete beginners to more established accounts looking for direction and clarity.
WHAT IS IT?
This 1:1 coaching experience can be conducted through a mix of Zoom calls, emails, WhatsApps, and in person if you’re local to SW15 or SW6 in London. The depth of the coaching will depend on your time commitment and personal requirements. I’m happy for sessions to be lead by your specific questions and concerns or, if you’re at a point where it makes sense to start from scratch, that is what we will do.
We will work through a month’s worth of content together, from idea generation to creating and editing the images or videos to writing captions and planning hashtags, to curating your grid, to posting and engaging and tracking your progress.
In between, we’ll talk about the rest: some examples of what we might cover include building a strategy for a new account, tweaking and clarifying a strategy for a more established account, auditing your account, learning from your competitors, figuring our what your goals are, finding and connecting with your target audience, telling your story through content that will resonate with your target audience, taking the best photos with the camera that you have, curating and planning your grid, writing captions and what you can say, engaging: how and how often you should, researching new hashtags, stopping the endless scroll and making your time on Instagram more productive and enjoyable, and much, much more.
You’ll have approximately 10 hours of my time and advice spread out over the full month.
Note: Some previous clients have combined coaching with Instagram management packages below so I have temporarily taken over their account at some point during coaching—usually at the beginning.
- Ongoing 1:1 flexible support while you’re participating in coaching
- Clarity and confidence in the way you use Instagram to achieve your business goals
- We’ll walk through the posting process together; with my guidance and input, you’ll come away with a month’s worth of content ideas, your photos and/or videos taken and curated, a schedule on which to post them, captions and hashtags to go with them, and an engagement strategy to help you connect with your target audience
- Actionable recommendations for improving your current profile
- Sustainable and strategic actions applicable to content, engagement and hashtags
Prices vary depending on your requirements and involvement. Some examples below.
THIS IS FOR YOU IF…you’d like to step back from Instagram and let me do the work for you with as much or as little input as you’d like to provide. It is also for you if you’d like to continue to manage your Instagram some of the time but split the workload thereby collaborating in a joint effort.
WHAT IS IT?
My focus is on organic growth which is built through a strong content strategy, high levels of engagement, and hashtag and target audience research combined with current best practices. Before we begin, I will audit your current Instagram and recommend suggestions for overall improvement. We can then work through these action points together alongside the day to day account management work. You can combine the Instagram management package with the above Instagram strategy or bring in elements like a competitor’s analysis, for example, as we go along. You supply original images (unless you are local to London SW6/SW15 and we arrange separate photoshoots).
All packages include an initial audit of your account and ongoing hashtag and audience research.
- An initial audit of your account
- Ongoing hashtag and audience research
- Management of your account at whichever level you decide
- Strategic engagement with your target audience
PRICING EXAMPLES –
I’m flexible to your needs, but some examples of management packages and prices:
Example A: £280 (light posting, may be shared effort) – I will post 2x per week on your grid and spend 1 hour each week on engagement. You may or may not add to this, including additional posts, Stories, engagement, etc.
Example B: £390 (medium posting, may be shared effort) – I will post 3x per week on your grid, create 1 story per week, and spend 1 hour each week on engagement. You may or may not add to this, including additional posts, Stories, engagement, etc.
Example C: £560 (heavy posting, may be shared effort) – I will post 5x per week on your grid, create 2 stories per week, and spend 1 hour each week on engagement. You may or may not add to this, including additional posts, Stories, engagement, etc.
Example D: £340 (extra engagement/research only) – You will post content to a consistent schedule. I will work on engagement and community management, hashtag and audience research 3 hours per week (or more or less, which would change cost).
Example E: £1,300 (full takeover) – You will be as hands off as possible, providing insight only where necessary in the form of occasionally answering questions to provide information needed for captions, and providing an image bank unless we have agreed on using user generated content, graphics or arranging photoshoots in advance. I will post 5x per week on your grid, create 5x stories per week, and spend 3 hours each week on engagement.
I’m also happy to create a package that will have the biggest impact for whatever your budget might be.
Instagram Power Hour
THIS IS FOR YOU IF…you have specific Instagram questions you’d like to talk through 1:1, would like to spend some time brainstorming ideas and how you can bring them to life, you if you’d like to talk through your current strategy and ways you can improve.
WHAT IS IT?
This is a 1:1 Zoom call consultation where you’ll have my full attention for one hour to talk through any issues you are currently having on Instagram, ask me questions, brainstorm some ideas or discuss some ways you can improve your current strategy. You’ll be able to send me talking points before we meet so I can prepare for our call in advance and make the most of our time. I’ll follow up with a list of any action points for you. I will also be on hand with email support for one week following your power hour.
- A chance to send me talking points in advance of our call so we can maximise our time together.
- A 1:1 Zoom consultation in which we can work through any of your Instagram struggles or questions
- A list of action points sent after the call to take you forward
- One week of email support as you implement what we’ve discussed
OTHER POPULAR REQUESTS
Pinterest for Beginners
THIS IS FOR YOU IF…you know that Pinterest is an amazing driver of traffic (users are 3x more likely to click over to a brand’s website on Pinterest than any other social media platform) and you’d like some help getting started.
WHAT IS IT?
I’ll take care of the full set up of your Pinterest business account, including the completion and optimisation of your profile, set up and optimise 10 boards with covers for you and add a total of 100 pins to get you started with some content. I’ll also work with you on connecting with your target audience and share some advice and guidance on making the best use of the platform.
- Full set up of Pinterest business account
- Completion of profile details
- Optimisation of profile with keywords for SEO
- Linking of Pinterest account with your website
- Creation of first 10 boards (we can discuss the best strategy for these)
- Optimisation of board titles and descriptions with keywords for SEO
- Addition of first 10 pins to each board (total of 100 pins)
- Addition of pricing on your artwork pins for inclusion in the “Shop” section
- Setting of covers for each board
- Enabling of Rich pins for your website
- Suggestion of three group boards to request to join
- Following first 20 relevant accounts
- Creation of a Tailwind account for you to use to schedule content to Pinterest
- Detailed document explaining Pinterest, how to make the most of the platform as an artist, best practices, and guidance for moving forward
- One month of email support to answer any questions while you’re learning the ropes
Website “About” Page Text
THIS IS FOR YOU IF…your About page feels uninspired, needs a re-write because something has changed, or if you’re starting with a blank page.
WHAT IS IT?
I’ll look at your About page as it is now, work with you to determine what you’d like it to accomplish and communicate, and set to work on injecting some personality into a draft for your review. I’ll take your feedback on board and then send over the final copy. If we need one additional draft for small tweaks in between, I’m happy to do that.
- Shiny new About page text, optimised for SEO.
- Up to two rough drafts before final copy is approved.
- Suggestions on images or other elements to include.
Listings Set Up (Etsy, SaatchiArt, Singulart, etc)
£40 for every 5 listings
THIS IS FOR YOU IF…you have a presence on one of the above sites (or similar), feel overwhelmed with the tediousness of the listing process or are too busy and would prefer to outsource.
WHAT IS IT?
I’ll set up a template which you can use to quickly and easily input any necessary information for the listings (sizes of artwork, for example) and, after gathering your images, I’ll set to work on creating new listings for you within the platform. I can save them as drafts if you’d like to go in and make them live gradually, or release them straight away.
- With less time spent setting up listings, you’ll have more time to spend creating which I know is what you’d rather be doing.
- The backlog of completed work that you have sitting unseen on your laptop will finally be set up to sell.
Prices vary by brief depending on your requirements. Some example below.
THIS IS FOR YOU IF…you have a blog (or see the value in one) but don’t have the time to create consistent content updates yourself, or perhaps don’t enjoy the process.
WHAT IS IT?
With nearly two solid decades of blog content writing behind me, I will work to your brief to produce concise, dynamic, SEO-friendly copy. Blogging drives traffic to your website, lets you communicate and connect with your audience to keep them engaged, and gives you material that you can re-purpose for social media. I can help you share your brand’s story, introduce a new product, or interview a person of interest, for example.
- A blog post, written to your brief.
- If required, I can source free, creative commons images (though I recommend using original photography where possible) or create graphics.
- If required, I can also upload the full post to your website.
- If required, I can also send you the content as repurposed for social media
PRICING EXAMPLES –
EXAMPLE A – £80: Write a blog post under 600 words that requires minimal research, no images required, text sent to client but not uploaded to website.
EXAMPLE B – £120: Write a blog post from 600-1,000 words requiring some research, sourced images and sent directly to client, not uploaded to website
EXAMPLE C – £180: Write a blog post from 600-1,000 words requiring research or interviews, sourced images and uploaded to website
EXAMPLE D – £300: Write a blog post 1000-3,000 words requiring research and interviews, sourced images, uploaded to website with content sent as repurposed for social media
Not quite ready to invest in your social media but think you might want to in the future? Stay in touch on social media or sign up for my newsletter.