A candlelit dinner on a long wooden table in a lovely Holland Park dining room with two other couples and a cat called Aubergine kicked off last weekend. Sunday was indeed a day of sun. Blue skies galore, a rare sight in London this time of year. The week included Thai food with my cousin, lots of writing, a night of packing and a flight over the Atlantic to chilly Boston, which is where I shall be for the next week!
Photo: A winter walk in Wimbledon, February 2012
Here are a few links for the next few days:
- Loving the colourful work of street artist Roadsworth.
- 42 highly innovative advertisements. Some brilliant creativity here!
- One of the best Winter coats I’ve ever seen. J’adore.
- 5 recipes to try: Red Velvet Banana Bread; Blueberry Rosemary Scones; Mac and Cheese with Roasted Chicken, Goat Cheese, and Rosemary; Hint of Mint Chocolate Milk; and an Earl Grey Latte.
- Enjoy rummaging around for flea market treasures when you travel? Check out these lovely photos of Porte De Vanves on 8 Rue Caffarelli blog.
- Weekend outfits. It is time.
- 5 places I’d like to stay: The Milestone in London; Villa Angelo in Croatia; Singita Sweni in South Africa; Chalet Cragganmore in France; and QT Sydney.
- Have you seen this video where four normal women are photoshopped into cover models followed by their reactions?
- How fun does the job title “Google Doodler” sound?
- And a video that Burger King made, conducting taste tests with people around the world who have never eaten hamburgers before:
Have a warm weekend.