How has your week been? It’s been pretty ordinary around here. I’m excited to have dinner and cocktails at Bumpkin with some friends tonight. On Saturday, Jorge and I are headed to Claridges for a fancy afternoon tea before meeting one of his friends from Spain. Sunday is for manicures and packing. Monday I head back over to the States for a working week in Boston full of strategy creation, brainstorming and hopefully some delicious treats from that lovely little cafe, Flour. I’m staying at the same fabulous Airbnb I stayed in in September with Gerald and his dog Skye. Then I’ll spend the following weekend with my mom who is coming down from New York, but more on that later.
What are you up to this weekend? Any fun plans?
Here are some links for you:
- Have you been to Bali? I’m itching to go, especially after looking at Maggie’s stunning photos of Northern Bali and a Mount Batur trek! Such a beautiful country.
- How cool is Airbnb’s Portland, Oregon office?
- 5 recipes to try: Spinach and Turkey Lasagna; Ultimate Chicken Noodle Soup; Flaky Buttermilk Biscuits; Jaffa Cake Tea Bread; and Winter Citrus Meringue Tarts.
- Have some colour in your day with a look at the work of Korean artist Ilhwa Kim who hand-dyes, cuts, and rolls thousands of sheets of mulberry paper to create 3-D art.
- How cute are these winter red fox photos by Roeselien Raimond?
- 5 things on my wish list: These salt and pepper shakers that look like film canisters; #GirlBoss, about the most successful seller on etsy; this Bella Freud candle of fig leaf and tomato; this raincoat for Spring; and Rag & Bone’s high rise skinny jeans.
- I’d like my morning pick me up Swedish countryside style, please. Love this photography series!
- 5 fun pieces of street art: L7M in Maracay, Venezuela; Bumblebee in Santa Monica, California, USA; Jana & JS in Salzburg, Austria; Stinkfish and Empty Boy in Bogota, Colombia; and Millo in various places.
- The lovely Nishaantishu writes about choosing happiness.
- I shared one of Brandon Li’s travel videos with you last week. Here’s another one he shot and edited of life in the shipyards of Dubai:
Enjoy your weekend!