It’s been a long week. Well, a long few weeks during which I wasn’t able to leave the house since I had eye surgery on March 8 and you can’t imagine how antsy I’ve been. The first week, I could hardly look at a screen. The second week I could manage about half hour at a time before my eye went dry or I got a headache. Now, it’s a bit better, but not quite back to normal yet. There’s nothing like a debilitating recovery period to make you appreciate and long for the mundane little details of everyday life!
Photo: Spring in Hampstead, London – 2013
Here are a few links for the weekend:
- A fascinating look back at airplanes when they had cocktail lounges, piano bars, pubs and restaurants.
- Here’s a quirky collection of “Do Not Disturb” signs from around the world.
- 5 places I’d like to stay: Sofitel So in Bangkok, Thailand; Japamala in Malaysia; La Belle Juliette in Paris; Bedarra in Australia’s Great Barrier Reef; and The Triton in San Francisco.
- I am an ailurophile. How about you? Here’s the 100 most beautiful words in the English language according to one Dr. Robert Beard.
- This looks dangerous. #Ben&Jerrys
- If I’m ever in South Africa, I’d love to spend some time at the Blueberry Cafe. Looks lovely, no?
- 5 recipes to try: Popovers; Baked Eggs with Spinach and Prosciutto; Courgette, Feta and Oregano Loaf; Banana Bars with Rum Frosting; and Lavender Plum Berry Sheet Cake with Lemon Vanilla Glaze.
- I love stumbling on a playlist I’m completely in the mood for like I was with this fabulous bunch of songs compiled by blogger Jessie on Sweet Thing.
- How fascinating to look inside the creative workspaces of these 14 fashion designers.
- And, a short TED talk on the art of letter writing:
Have a fabulous Spring weekend, hopefully full of sun!