Can you believe we’re already finished with the first week of December? It has always been my favourite month (though October is a close second), possibly becuase it’s my birthday and I love the festive atmosphere that takes over the streets and the shops. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for some good old Buffalo snow when I head home in a few weeks. The countdown is on.
This weekend, I have a few meetings, a haircut (much-needed) and Jorge and I have dinner with some friends in Islington. It’s the first weekend we have together, both in London and not working, in about a month so here’s to making the best of it. Perhaps some ice skating at Somerset House or a wander through the Christmas markets on South Bank. Hoping to crack on with some Christmas card writing too!
What are your plans for the weekend?
Here are a few links for you:
- What sort of Christmas cookies are you making this year? Here are 22 ideas. I’m looking forward to decorating the traditional cutouts at home in New York a few weeks from now!
- When it comes to photography, travel portraits are my absolute favourite type, so I love this Bored Panda post about the world’s top 10 behind the lens.
- 5 recipes to try: 3 Cheese Spinach Omelette with Panko Crusted Sourdough French Toast; Hobotnica na žaru (Grilled Octopus); Bagel Bread Loaf; Gingerbread Bundt Cake with Lingonberries; and Apple Buttermilk Beignets.
- Love this series of black and white images of planes flying overhead between buildings. I’d like to be on one of them. To wherever.
- 5 things on my wish list this week: this bird lamp; this cosy black jumper; a festive pine cone candle; these bath salts for when I’m home in NY and finally have a bath tub; and this chunky lambswool blanket.
- Eating your way around Prague? Sounds like a great way to spend a weekend if you ask me! Beautiful photos as always, from Jacintha.
- 5 fun pieces of street art: Bordallo II in Loures, Portugal; Lonac and Artez in Banja Luka, Bosnia; Cat by JPS; Adres in Sacavém, Portugal; and David Walker and Jim Vision in London, UK.
- Mashable rounds up a collection of 25 street photos worth a look. The best ones are all about the composition.
- One day, I will see the Northern Lights. How stunning are these photos from Iceland and Greenland?
- And I’ll leave you with a video by Danny Cooke called “Postcards from Pripyat, Chernobyl”:
Enjoy your weekend!